HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Where does Joe Biden stan...
Joe BidenCongratulations to our presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden!

Sun Dec 15, 2019, 04:41 PM

Where does Joe Biden stand on anti-Semitism, Israel and other issues that matter to Jewish voters

This whole article is really good!

Snip~

What does he say about the movement to boycott, divest from and sanction Israel ó commonly referred to as BDS?

Heís firmly against the movement.

Speaking at AIPAC in 2016, Biden said, ďItís wrong. Itís wrong. I know itís not popular to say, but itís wrong, because as the Jewish people know better than any other people, any action that marginalizes one ethnic and religious group imperils us all.Ē

What is Bidenís relationship to Jewish groups?

Over his decades in politics, Biden has developed a strong relationship with AIPAC. In 2013, at AIPACís annual conference, Biden said, ďI did more fundraisers for AIPAC in the í70s and early í80s than just about anybody.Ē He is a regular at the annual policy conference, and heís spoken at the conference of J Street, the liberal group that supports a two-state solution and puts pressure on U.S. parties to achieve it.

One of Bidenís favorite stories to tell is a childhood memory of his father: It is 1948, just before Israelís founding. Biden is 6 years old and sitting at the dinner table with his family, and his dad explains that he cannot understand how there are people who didnít want to recognize Israel as a state. Thatís where he first learned the phrase ďNever again,Ē he says (even though that phrase wasnít popularized until years later). Biden goes back to this anecdote often in speeches to emphasize his lifelong pro-Israel beliefs.

https://www.jta.org/2019/12/12/united-states/where-does-joe-biden-stand-on-anti-semitism-israel-and-other-issues-that-matter-to-jewish-voters-in-2020
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

4 replies, 749 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Where does Joe Biden stand on anti-Semitism, Israel and other issues that matter to Jewish voters (Original post)
OldRed2450 Dec 2019 OP
Cha Dec 2019 #1
Sloumeau Dec 2019 #2
OldRed2450 Dec 2019 #3
George II Dec 2019 #4

Response to OldRed2450 (Original post)

Sun Dec 15, 2019, 04:42 PM

1. Thank you, OldRed.. Bookmarking!

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Dec 15, 2019, 05:01 PM

2. OldRed2450, thanks for posting this! :)

I'm glad to see Joe Biden supporting Israel!

However, I still support helping out the Palestinians and giving them control over their own area.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to Sloumeau (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 15, 2019, 05:02 PM

3. Me too.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 15, 2019, 05:22 PM

4. Excellent article, good find!

JoE iS oN tHe RiGhT sIdE oF aLl ThE iSsUes!

GO JOE!
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread