HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Sen. Bernie Sanders talks...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Pete Buttigieg6%

Mon Dec 2, 2019, 11:05 PM

Sen. Bernie Sanders talks multi-million dollar plan for HBCUs and public housing reform

(snip)

Sanders proposed a tuition and debt-free education at historically black colleges, to tackle what he calls an "insurmountable barrier to enrollment."

If elected president, the Vermont congressman said he will work on public housing reform.

Earlier this year, two people died from carbon monoxide poisoning at Allen Benedict Court. Subsequent gas leaks forced everyone to find another place to live.

"What you have seen for many years is a lack of investment. Not only would we invest in improving public housing, we are going to make it much more energy-efficient and much more sustainable," Sanders said.

(snip)

https://wach.com/news/local/sen-bernie-sanders-talks-multi-million-dollar-plan-for-hbcus-and-public-housing-reform

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Bernie Sanders

2 replies, 261 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sen. Bernie Sanders talks multi-million dollar plan for HBCUs and public housing reform (Original post)
Uncle Joe Monday OP
InAbLuEsTaTe Monday #1
TexasTowelie Tuesday #2

Response to Uncle Joe (Original post)

Mon Dec 2, 2019, 11:27 PM

1. Keep em comin Uncle Joe... this is why Bernie is hittin it outta the park & will win the nomination.

Bernie/Elizabeth or Elizabeth/Bernie 2020!!
Either way, they're stronger together!!
Welcome to the revolution!!!
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Uncle Joe (Original post)

Tue Dec 3, 2019, 06:45 AM

2. It appears that Bernie wants increased government involvement in every facet of American life.

I doubt that most Americans agree with those sentiments.

Housing and development codes are largely in the domain of state and local government. Adding a layer of federal bureaucracy will only serve to make housing more scarce and more expensive.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread