HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Mark Cuban latest billion...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren20%
Joe Biden16%
Bernie Sanders10%
Pete Buttigieg5%

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 02:45 PM

Mark Cuban latest billionaire to bash Sen. Elizabeth Warren's wealth tax plan

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/11/mark-cuban-says-sen-warrens-policies-divert-attention-from-reality.html

Billionaire investor Mark Cuban suggested in a series of weekend tweets that the proposed wealth tax from 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., “diverts attention from reality” and is designed to hide her own wealth from the public.
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

10 replies, 593 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to oldsoftie (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 02:46 PM

1. Mark Cuban thinks he should be president so....

Consider the source..
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LakeArenal (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 12:20 AM

9. Yeah, like because a person is successful in business, he or she will automatically

be successful governing.

It is an insane supposition, but too many Americans buy into that garbage.

Business and government are two vastly different animals. It is actually much easier to cross from governing to business than the reverse.

In business a person gives orders regardless of the issue at hand large or small, in government a person has to build consensus to get important policy done. A person who is used to giving orders is ill suited for the ying and yang of governing's rhythm.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 02:47 PM

2. Billionaire bashes wealth tax...

In other breaking news...

Water is wet.

Bears poop in the woods.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 03:11 PM

3. Oh, go back to jerking it while reading "The Fountainhead", Cubes.

You always complain about how slimy politics is, but you never fail to open your fat mouth and float a bone-headed opinion that will ultimately make things worse.
Elizabeth Warren

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 03:31 PM

4. Does anyone realize that her husband and herself made there money

by not ripping off people...........................and doesn't sit on some show making bids to be a vulture capitalist.........................at least when she files her taxes she tells the whole world how she made her money.......................try this Cuban, and other jerks and trolls trying to take her down, not happening............................

And tell us how you made your money, she got an advancement of over $350,000 on book deal ....................this fucking deflection game where by 4% of the wealth in this country is being held by people like Cuban against the other 96%, this means that they own more shit than the middle class combines and our wealth and the upper middle class wealth and the poor .....................and they now pay less than 12% in taxes.............................or none at all, and some corporation is now a human being..................someone has to make up the slack.........................and its not the Mark Cubans of the world .............................

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00033492

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/contributors?cid=N00033492&cycle=2020
Elizabeth Warren

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 04:08 PM

5. Cuban is such an arrogant ass

I do fear however that if Warren (or Bernie) wins, there will be a group of billionaires that have been populised by TV, much like Trump was, who will band together. It won't just be the Koch brothers, or other big donors that are otherwise not popular with a large spectrum of the population.

Because during the last decades, there has been, I've noticed, a real push to humanize, and even sympathize and be facinated with the lives of the wealthy. Ever since "The Simple LIfe" with Paris Hilton, then Keeping up with the Kardashians, Real Housewives of...., and yes The Apprentice. Along with shows Cuban is on like The Shark Tank. Where these wonderful capitalists become folk heroes helping out struggling entrepreneurs to live out the American Dream.

These shows are meant to humanize the uber wealthy. Its almost like they were sick and tired of all the shows and sitcoms on TV about the middle class families, and pressured, or paid, TV execs to create content that they could also sit around their own top of the line televisions and eat their truffle sprinkled popcorn, and actually relate to the "struggles" of the people of their same ilk on the small screen.

I can see Cuban, the Kardashians, along with the increasingly unstable Kanye West, some of the more popular Wives, other Sharks, coming out hard against Warren being elected. Its one thing to go up against the Kochs, but its another to go up against popularized American entertainment stars, as Cuban has moulded himself into. We have to be prepared for that.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalLovinLug (Reply #5)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 04:10 PM

6. Most "Reality" shows are only about 10% reality. Scripted BS.

And we all know what the Kardashians are famous for
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to oldsoftie (Reply #6)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 04:31 PM

7. True, but that makes no difference to their fans they have nurtured

Face it, Trump voters are not the sharpest knives. Its not about what a Democratic voter realizes about those shows. Its what an Apprentice fan thinks of them. The Kardashians are very very popular. I have no idea why myself, but they are. Americans have a facination, I think an unhealthy one, with the lives of the rich and famous. (Maybe that's where these shows started..with Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" ). This glorification of, not just being successful, reaching the upper middle classes, ie. The Cosbys, but being obscenely wealthy. Idolizing those that can spend their days going to a spa to get their nails done, or a shopping vacation to Milan, or just sitting around a pool bitching about each other.

Or Mark Cuban complaining on the Shark Tank how he can't help some Mom and Pop business get off the ground because its just too small a ceiling for a return for him, if its only going to be a few million. And people admire that. Simply because he's so loaded he can turn down a million dollar profit as too measly for his attention. Wealth, even if its just admiring it in other people, has become an admirable quality. And so when Cuban, and Kim, and other popular TV stars start attacking our candidate, if its Warren, it will have a lot of sway with all those reality TV addicts and wealth worshippers.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalLovinLug (Reply #7)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 12:25 AM

10. A Kardashian that is just 20 years old has a makeup and lipstick

empire that takes in around $800 million per year and it is just around five years old. That shows how many people follow that family. They really don't have a lot of talent and they take ideas from others, but they succeed because of their reality tv exposure.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 04:35 PM

8. From reality? The reality he and his class of billionaires have bought and paid for extended

privilege like never before since Citizens United.
Elizabeth Warren

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread