HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Top Iowa aide to Steyer's...
Undecided 38%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Kamala Harris8%

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:47 PM

Top Iowa aide to Steyer's campaign resigns after AP report

Source: Associated Press

Top Iowa aide to Steyer’s campaign resigns after AP report

By ALEXANDRA JAFFE
November 8, 2019

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A top Iowa aide to businessman Tom Steyer resigned Friday, a day after The Associated Press revealed he had privately offered campaign contributions to local politicians in exchange for endorsing Steyer’s White House bid.

Steyer’s Democratic presidential campaign announced the resignation of Pat Murphy, a former House speaker who served as a top adviser on Steyer’s Iowa campaign.

“After the conclusion of an investigation alleging improper communications with elected officials in Iowa, Pat Murphy has offered his resignation from the campaign effective immediately,” Steyer’s campaign manager Heather Hargreaves wrote in a statement. “Our campaign policy is clear that we will not engage in this kind of activity, or any kind of communication that could be perceived as improper. Violation of this policy is not tolerated.

In a statement Thursday, Murphy apologized for but did not deny the interactions and said the concerns expressed by his former colleagues about his overtures were the result of a “miscommunication.” He didn’t immediately respond to messages from the AP seeking comment Friday.

-snip-

Read more: https://apnews.com/b30adfd45dec4ea799b9cb03659a3056
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Undecided

2 replies, 362 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Top Iowa aide to Steyer's campaign resigns after AP report (Original post)
Eugene Friday OP
BootinUp Friday #1
NCLefty Friday #2

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:50 PM

1. Time to put a wrap on it Steyer. nt

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 10:52 PM

2. "Corporations and the people that run them have purchased our democracy." -Tom Steyer, on my TV

just moments ago.

Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread