HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » U.S. Soldier Discussed Pl...
Joe BidenCongratulations to our presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden!

Mon Sep 23, 2019, 06:02 PM

U.S. Soldier Discussed Plans to Bomb News Network, Kill Beto O'Rourke: Feds

A U.S. Army soldier has been charged with distribution of information related to explosives and weapons of mass destruction after FBI agents allegedly uncovered chats about his plans to carry out terrorist attacks in the U.S. and to travel to Ukraine to fight with extremist right-wing militias.

Federal prosecutors in Kansas said law enforcement intercepted Facebook messages from Jarrett William Smith, who was arrested on Sept. 21, in which he discussed various designs for bombs.

The soldier allegedly bragged of having “knowledge of IEDs for days” after he enlisted as a private in the Army, and FBI explosives technicians claimed in a criminal complaint that a number of the bomb designs he shared were feasible.

Excerpts of Smith’s conversations in a Facebook group chat show that he talked about targeting left-leaning organizations and individuals, in addition to media outlets. In one chat, an FBI agent with the Kansas Joint Terrorism Task Force wrote that Smith discussed using a “large vehicle bomb” against an unspecified major news network’s headquarters and assassinating Democratic presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke.

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/jarrett-william-smith-us-soldier-discussed-plans-to-bomb-news-network-kill-beto-orourke-feds
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

2 replies, 898 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply U.S. Soldier Discussed Plans to Bomb News Network, Kill Beto O'Rourke: Feds (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 2019 OP
efhmc Sep 2019 #1
defacto7 Sep 2019 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Sep 23, 2019, 07:00 PM

1. Can we ever be sane in our country again?

Or at least identify the insanity and its source?
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Sep 23, 2019, 08:49 PM

2. How many are out there who are not intercepted

on Facebook or other sources by the FBI? Do they get them all? Doubt it.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread