HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » BETO BEATS TRUMP IN TEXAS...
Joe BidenCongratulations to our presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden!

Wed Jul 31, 2019, 12:03 AM

BETO BEATS TRUMP IN TEXAS, BIDEN TIES IN HYPOTHETICAL HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCHUPS: POLL

Former Texas representative and presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke would trounce President Donald Trump in the Lone Star State in 2020, according to a new University of Texas poll. Among registered voters in Texas, the survey found that 49 percent would vote for O'Rourke in next year's general election while only 38 percent would choose Trump.
This unusual advantage for a Democrat in Texas is owed to O'Rourke's support in the poll among independents, who break for him by wide margins over Trump.

This favorability among independents also provides a critical edge to other Democrats who, the poll found, in hypothetical matchups could best Trump in Texas. Senator Elizabeth Warren earned 41-percent support in the poll, three points ahead of Trump in a potential head-to-head. At 39 percent, Senator Bernie Sanders came out two points in front of Trump, and at 40 percent, Senator Kamala Harris came out on top by one point. The margin of error was calculated at 2.6 percentage points.

Former Vice President Joe Biden was among the lowest-performing candidates in the survey, coming into a statistical tie with Trump in Texas at 37 percent. While Biden earned a higher share of support among Texas Democrats than some of the other candidates, independents were not enthused about him, failing to break for his candidacy strongly enough to overcome the electoral advantage for Republicans in the state.

South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg was the only candidate of the six measured to lose in a potential matchup, and by six points, according to the University of Texas survey.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-biden-orourke-texas-poll-1451807
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Undecided

2 replies, 492 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply BETO BEATS TRUMP IN TEXAS, BIDEN TIES IN HYPOTHETICAL HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCHUPS: POLL (Original post)
Indygram Jul 2019 OP
Gothmog Jul 2019 #1
JCMach1 Jul 2019 #2

Response to Indygram (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2019, 12:46 AM

1. Beto had a good night tonight

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Indygram (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2019, 01:47 AM

2. This is two things... Texas Republicans don't like Trump much and BETO is still pretty popular here

Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread