HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Tim Ryan on China tariffs...
Undecided 40%
Joe Biden14%
Kamala Harris11%
Elizabeth Warren11%
Pete Buttigieg8%

Wed May 15, 2019, 04:51 PM

Tim Ryan on China tariffs, environmental policy and immigration - PBSNewsHour 5/14

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/tim-ryan-on-china-tariffs-environmental-policy-and-immigration

(snip)

On the Green New Deal: Ryan has not signed onto the House Democrats’ Green New Deal legislation, but said he supported taking action on climate change. “I embrace a Green New Deal, I just think we have to have public-private partnerships if we’re going to get there. We have to align the environmental incentives with the financial incentives,” Ryan said.

On immigration: Ryan said he was in “lock-step with all progressives” on immigration issues, but argued that Americans also care about border security. “We have an opioid crisis in Ohio. People are dying left and right and we got to make sure those drugs don’t get into our country,” he said.

On food deserts and health care: Ryan introduced bipartisan legislation on Tuesday to eliminate neighborhood blight, clean up communities and create a robust urban agriculture program. He said that he will “be proposing an Urban Marshall Plan for us to really get into these communities, big and small, to make sure that people do have access to fresh, healthy food.”

Ryan linked the issues to health care, calling the nation’s current health care system a “disease care system.”

“That’s how you ultimately fix the health care system: free up billions of dollars that we can invest back into our communities, into our research, into our long-term prosperity in the United States.”
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Amy Klobuchar

2 replies, 91 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tim Ryan on China tariffs, environmental policy and immigration - PBSNewsHour 5/14 (Original post)
question everything Wednesday OP
abqtommy Wednesday #1
msongs Wednesday #2

Response to question everything (Original post)

Wed May 15, 2019, 05:16 PM

1. Talk is cheap.

Progress is difficult and expensive...
Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to question everything (Original post)

Wed May 15, 2019, 05:22 PM

2. did he intro any bills to make these happen? nt

Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread