HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Martin O'Malley (Group) » LISTEN! 'Trump Still Stim...

Mon Apr 4, 2016, 03:39 PM

LISTEN! 'Trump Still Stimulates Democratic Anxiety Disorder' MO'M podcast

LISTEN to him!!!

Former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley warned his fellow Democrats not to take too lightly the general election threat posed by Donald Trump.

In a forum co-hosted by the Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service and the “Candidate Confessional” podcast, O’Malley called the broad dismissal of Trump’s White House prospects elitist — the result of punditry that’s divorced from an increasingly angered electorate.

“There’s a certain smugness inside the beltway in Washington,” O’Malley said. “I think we have our work cut out for us. This could be a very, very defining moment in the life of our republic. And I think that we have our work cut out for us in the general.”

“This is not a slam dunk,” Martin O’Malley warns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-donald-trump_us_56fd98b8e4b0a06d58055704?ir=Politics§ion=us_politics&utm_hp_ref=politics

GUYS, you'll love him MORE!

4 replies, 1092 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply LISTEN! 'Trump Still Stimulates Democratic Anxiety Disorder' MO'M podcast (Original post)
elleng Apr 2016 OP
Koinos Apr 2016 #1
elleng Apr 2016 #2
Koinos Apr 2016 #3
elleng Apr 2016 #4

Response to elleng (Original post)

Mon Apr 4, 2016, 11:16 PM

1. Thank you for posting this, Elleng!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Koinos (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 4, 2016, 11:20 PM

2. You're welcome, Koinos.

Was thinking of you while listening to it.

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 5, 2016, 08:14 AM

3. I really like the final part about the suggestion that he run again.

O’Malley, toward the end of the interview, recounted how a man in Iowa approached him and — with the campaign clearly not looking so healthy at that point — pleaded with him to “promise” that he’d run again.

“And I said to him, ‘No!’” O’Malley said. His son, William, was with him as the interaction took place. When it was done, he turned to his dad: “It is like volunteering for a second waterboarding before the first one is done.”

William is a great kid. All of O'Malley's children are outstanding. Katie is special as well. This family belongs in the White House.

Reply to this post

Response to Koinos (Reply #3)

Tue Apr 5, 2016, 12:35 PM

4. I liked the 'waterboarding' remark too.

Such a difficult venture.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread