HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Martin O'Malley (Group) » O'Malley Backs Obama on T...

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 03:51 PM

O'Malley Backs Obama on Transgender Rights in Public Schools, While Clinton Stays Silent.

'This week, the Department of Education ruled that public schools must grant transgender students unrestricted access to the bathrooms, locker rooms, and open shower facilities of their preference.

Governor Martin O'Malley of Maryland, one of the three Democrats remaining in the 2016 presidential race, fully supports the Obama administration's policy. "Yes, he supports" the policy, O'Malley's spokeswoman Lis Smith told THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email. But the campaign of Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton has not responded to emails asking if she supports the Obama administration's ruling.

One week ago, Clinton wrote on Twitter that she supported an LGBT non-discrimination ordinance in Houston:' >>>

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/omalley-backs-obama-transgender-rights-public-schools-while-clinton-stays-silent_1059688.html

(Sorry about the source, but it is informative.)

5 replies, 814 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply O'Malley Backs Obama on Transgender Rights in Public Schools, While Clinton Stays Silent. (Original post)
elleng Nov 2015 OP
upaloopa Nov 2015 #1
CC Nov 2015 #2
FSogol Nov 2015 #3
elleng Nov 2015 #4
Name removed Nov 2015 #5

Response to elleng (Original post)

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 03:56 PM

1. "I support efforts for equality in Houston and beyond"

Silly me I thought Hillary meant she supports efforts for equality. At least that is what she said when she supported the non discrimination act.
I think Hillary was quiet on the price of gas today though.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 03:57 PM

2. Not a new stance for him either and

Marylanders did not let the right wingnuts scare us with their bathroom commercials.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/15/us-usa-transexual-maryland-idUSBREA4E0Y420140515#tRHHEV9yQGAxd1ii.97

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 8, 2015, 08:01 PM

3. O'Malley's Maryland was one of the few states that has laws protecting

transgender citizens. He's way ahead of the curve.

Reply to this post

Response to FSogol (Reply #3)

Sun Nov 8, 2015, 09:11 PM

4. YES, in this and MANY things, FSogol.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread