HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » Please Provide Link Hilla...

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 02:08 PM

Please Provide Link Hillary Saying Billionaires and Corporation Should Pay Their Fair Share

I can't seem to find a link to a statement made by Hillary that
corporations and the wealthy should pay their fair share.

Please help me.

Here is Bernie Saying It

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/06/25/sanders-estate-tax-plan-aimed-at-the-richest-of-the-rich

This is one reason I support Bernie. I just want to know if Hillary feels the same way.

Please provide link.

Bill Clinton did raise taxes on the wealthy and balance the budget with zero Republican help.

Will Hillary do the same if necessary? Has she said so?

13 replies, 841 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply Please Provide Link Hillary Saying Billionaires and Corporation Should Pay Their Fair Share (Original post)
Yallow Sep 2015 OP
HassleCat Sep 2015 #1
Android3.14 Sep 2015 #5
HappyPlace Sep 2015 #2
SoapBox Sep 2015 #3
azmom Sep 2015 #7
NCjack Sep 2015 #11
Yallow Sep 2015 #4
Le Taz Hot Sep 2015 #6
Enthusiast Sep 2015 #12
Rose Siding Sep 2015 #8
starroute Sep 2015 #9
Doctor_J Sep 2015 #10
starroute Sep 2015 #13

Response to Yallow (Original post)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 02:14 PM

1. If you're implying she didn't say it, you're probably wrong

Every politician says that, or something close enough to qualify. Now if you're asking for a statement to the effect that we have to tax high income earners more, Clinton might not have come straight out and said that. In fact, I would wager she did not, at least not without qualification.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HassleCat (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 02:28 PM

5. Then provide the link

It's a reasonable request, especially with the common knowledge criticism from so many Democrats and independents that the wealthy and the corporatist wing of the DLC are backing her for the specific reason to avoid paying "their fair share".

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 02:15 PM

2. Here, in one post, everything Clinton has said raising taxes on Corporations and Billionaires:

Reply to this post

Response to HappyPlace (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 02:19 PM

3. But she'll tell us once she's in office...right?

Reply to this post

Response to HappyPlace (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 03:26 PM

7. LOL

Reply to this post

Response to azmom (Reply #7)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 05:15 PM

11. HRC is now my 4th choice in the primary. I'm not going to vote for

a surprise package in the primary. Looks like she can't offended her sponsors. If she becomes the DEM candidate, then I will put a clothespin on my nose and do my duty.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 02:21 PM

4. William Jefferson Clinton Did Raise Taxes and Balance the Budget

I just can't find her saying she would do it.

I love Mitt's 13.9% tax rate on income he got without even
working.

A lot of us work, and pay a lot more.

Something needs done asap.

Is Hillary the girl to do it?

I really doubt it.

Reply to this post

Response to Yallow (Reply #4)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 03:04 PM

6. He "balanced the budget"

by including the Social Security Trust Fund which isn't SUPPOSED to be part of the general fund so, no, he really didn't balance the budget. That was DNC bullshit hype.

Reply to this post

Response to Le Taz Hot (Reply #6)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 06:40 PM

12. Thank you!

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 03:59 PM

8. here

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/07/13/hillary-clinton-transcript-building-the-growth-and-fairness-economy/

First, hard-working families need and deserve tax relief and simplification. Second, those at the top have to pay their fair share. Thatís why I support the Buffet Rule, which makes sure millionaires do not pay lower rates than their secretaries. I have called for closing the carried interest loophole, that lets wealthy financiers pay an artificially low rate.

And letís agree that hugely successful companies that benefit from everything that America has to offer, should not be able to game the system and avoid paying their fair share, especially while companies who canít afford high-priced lawyers and lobbyists end up paying more.

Reply to this post

Response to Rose Siding (Reply #8)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 04:25 PM

9. Is that all?

The Buffett Rule would apply to people making more than a million dollars a year and affect an estimated 0.3% of taxpayers. The carried interest loophole affects an even smaller number of extremely wealthy investors.

Both are feel-good proposals but barely begin to touch the sources of inequality in our society. And neither one affects corporations.

Reply to this post

Response to starroute (Reply #9)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 04:44 PM

10. well, the link in the op says that bernies plan would apply to the richest of the rich

So that's about the same. I just believe that Sanders will fight for it, and Clinton...not so much

Reply to this post

Response to Doctor_J (Reply #10)

Sat Sep 5, 2015, 06:43 PM

13. Sanders has also called for raising the Social Security cap

Clinton is still waffling on that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/08/12/clinton-is-open-to-raising-social-security-taxes-on-six-figure-earners/

So far, Clinton hasn't embraced the liberal prescription for Social Security, but her views could be changing. At a town hall here Tuesday, she said she'd be open to a Social Security tax increase proposed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), her radical rival in the primary.

During the 2008 campaign, Clinton had flatly rejected such an increase. Her comments this week could suggest that she has warmed to the idea, or that she is responding to a broader shift to the left among Democrats. . . .

At the time, Clinton opposed the idea. "I'm certainly against one of Senator Obama's ideas, which is to lift the cap on the payroll tax," she said in a Democratic primary debate then.

So far in this campaign, she has not taken a clear position on the question of Social Security's future.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread