Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Oixi1993

(81 posts)
Thu Apr 21, 2016, 10:26 AM Apr 2016

Progressives

I joined this site 2 weeks ago. I have been a life long conservative but have transitioned to being a Sanders supporter and much more progressive. I find I am really admiring true progressives. They calmly state their beliefs and are logical. They are reasonable and not prone to name calling unless you get in their face. They are HONEST. I love that. They are not excusing things that are wrong just because there is a D in front of their name. That makes me trust them.

I have been a bit stunned at establishment people on both sides in this election but more so on the left. I want to be careful here. I am new. But I will leave it at this. I am changing my views because of the rational and logical arguments laid out by Progressives. I am thankful for you guys.

9 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Progressives (Original Post) Oixi1993 Apr 2016 OP
YOU! Trajan Apr 2016 #1
I'm still saying the party should split, but that's because I've been firmly convinced VulgarPoet Apr 2016 #3
Party Oixi1993 Apr 2016 #5
I think the Democrats main problem came from the bust up of Tammany Hall in NY. LiberalArkie Apr 2016 #8
Thank you. I appreciate your perspective. Nyan Apr 2016 #9
... disillusioned73 Apr 2016 #2
You're not alone Oixi Jennylynn Apr 2016 #4
Repub no longer Oixi1993 Apr 2016 #6
It would be our honor. Jennylynn Apr 2016 #7

Trajan

(19,089 posts)
1. YOU!
Thu Apr 21, 2016, 10:33 AM
Apr 2016

Are a ray of golden sunshine in this otherwise dark forum ...

I appreciate what you are saying ... Welcome to the Left! ...

Sorry about the state of our party - We've got some housecleaning to do ...

The Bernie phenomena isn't going away, even if Bernie doesn't become the Democratic Party nominee ...

VulgarPoet

(2,872 posts)
3. I'm still saying the party should split, but that's because I've been firmly convinced
Thu Apr 21, 2016, 10:45 AM
Apr 2016

the weeds haven't just overrun the garden, they've embedded themselves in the house and begun sporing. Only way you're going to remove it is what we used to do back home-- kerosene and a zippo you don't care for anymore.

Oixi1993

(81 posts)
5. Party
Thu Apr 21, 2016, 11:07 AM
Apr 2016

Well.

I would like to share my perspective on what I am seeing here. I actually find it exciting and hopeful. The true Progressives are going through stages of separation. First stage appears to be disbelief in their fellow party members not seeing the truth and the logic. 2. The second stage appears to be anger and frustration. 3. The third stage appears to be disillusionment. 4. The final stage is appearing to be resolve and refocus. I am watching history. I get to watch a revolution that is being led by Progressives. You guys should be proud. I am proud of you. The country needs you to stay strong. I will stand with you.

LiberalArkie

(15,868 posts)
8. I think the Democrats main problem came from the bust up of Tammany Hall in NY.
Thu Apr 21, 2016, 12:18 PM
Apr 2016

We just accepted that it fixed the party. It did not.

Nyan

(1,192 posts)
9. Thank you. I appreciate your perspective.
Fri Apr 22, 2016, 04:17 AM
Apr 2016

I think I'm experiencing all 4 stages at the moment.
I've been a Bernie supporter from day one, but I don't think I fully understood, for many months, why he'd use the term "political revolution," or why we so desperately needed one. Now I know.
I don't know for how long I'm gonna be staying here. It'll depend on how things go with this election, with this site, and the party. Either way, we'll have to resolve and refocus. It's time for a revolution.

Oixi1993

(81 posts)
6. Repub no longer
Thu Apr 21, 2016, 11:30 AM
Apr 2016

I keep using the term you guys when I am talking about Progressives. I need to change that to we. I am officially joining your team if you will have me.

Latest Discussions»Retired Forums»Bernie Sanders»Progressives