HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » I'd like Bernie to ask...

Fri Feb 12, 2016, 02:26 PM

I'd like Bernie to ask...

...of his opponent... where the money comes from for the corpos to pay Hillary and how can She justify taking the equivalent of someone's foreclosed property for a one hour speech and then expect us to belive she's on our side?

Bernie should put a foreclosed real estate address next to each and every 1/4 million dollar speech to bankers and realtors... Names and pictures of folks who died as a result of overpriced medicine next to the speeches she gave big pharma... And so on down the line...

We're told we should just be happy for her success but it all seems to have come from someone else's misfortune... Her and her cronies good fortune!

Someone needs to personalize it.

My address wil likely soon make the list... a life's work for a one hour speech to a bunch of fraudsters...

So yeah, I'm biased!

Go Bernie!

2 replies, 845 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'd like Bernie to ask... (Original post)
DUbeornot2be Feb 2016 OP
Mufaddal Feb 2016 #1
TTUBatfan2008 Feb 2016 #2

Response to DUbeornot2be (Original post)

Fri Feb 12, 2016, 02:42 PM

1. There's a way he could do this

At the next debate, or before that, point out: "You said in the closing remarks of the last debate that you support getting unaccountable money out of politics. Accountable money is just as much of a problem, as you well know. Will you pledge now to stop taking corporate cash for your campaign, shut off the super PAC, and to return the corporate cash you've already received? We've shown it is difficult but entirely possible to run a real grassroots campaign. Will you join us?" If she says no or dodges, then: "If not, why not?"

Thing is, she knows she can't agree to that even if she wanted to, because she doesn't have the small donor base that Bernie does. Many of her individual donors are maxed out, hence the super PAC and need for lavish fundraisers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DUbeornot2be (Original post)

Fri Feb 12, 2016, 03:02 PM

2. He needs to take off the gloves...

Go after her on the corporate contributions. When she says "you got $200,000," respond simply with "$200,000 is not the same as the $200 MILLION in your case." Voters do not trust her and every time she lies about Super Pacs along with corporate donations in general, it just reinforces the point that she can't be trusted.

I feel like he went pretty easy on her last night when she repeatedly tried to lie about her role with the Super Pac and the overall effect of corporate donations. The Jeb Bush Super Pac recently put out TV ads featuring George W. Bush. We are supposed to believe Jeb had absolutely nothing to do with coordinating this? Quit insulting our intelligence Hillary. You are running your Super Pac and David Brock is your minion. Just go ahead and embrace it instead of outright lying.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread