HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Support Groups » Diabetes Support Group (Group) » I've been backsliding on ...

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 01:10 AM

I've been backsliding on food/exercise since October.

Woke up this morning to a good amount of blood in my urine. I do have a history of kidney stones (since 13 yo), but I had only a few twinges of kidney/back pain. Nothing as bad as i'm used to when they rear their ugly heads. I was able to get in with my dr. this morning. I'm running a low grade fever. She said my urine sample was impressive and contained white and red cells. My a1c crept up from a 6.7 in July to a 7.1 today). She just said "You know what you have to do to fix it, so just do it." My BP was more worrisome, at 154/108, when it's normally been around 135/84. She said she thought it was due to the kidney or bladder infection. So, I'm on the antibiotic Macrobid for a week. She kept my Metformin at 500mg 2x/day and my Lisinopril at 20mg/day, and wants to check me again in a week.

So while not necessarily related to diabetes, it was a health related wake-up call.

7 replies, 1732 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply I've been backsliding on food/exercise since October. (Original post)
woodsprite Jan 2018 OP
Laffy Kat Jan 2018 #1
woodsprite Jan 2018 #2
Laffy Kat Jan 2018 #3
pansypoo53219 Jan 2018 #4
TexasProgresive Jan 2018 #5
woodsprite Jan 2018 #6
TexasProgresive Jan 2018 #7

Response to woodsprite (Original post)

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 01:18 AM

1. Gosh, woodsprite

Do exactly what the doc says and take care of yourself. Health comes before everything else. I guess you already know to drink loads of water especially now. Flush the Macrobid through your system.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Laffy Kat (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 03:29 AM

2. Will do! Truthfully, unless its hot out, Im

A horrible water drinker. My daughter found an app for me to download. Itís called Plant Nanny. It will alert you itís time to drink every hour, you log your intake, and your plant grows.

Reply to this post

Response to woodsprite (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 03:32 AM

3. I need that!

I dislike plain water, too. I have to have a splash of fruit juice or something, anything.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 06:44 AM

4. getting old sucks.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 07:39 AM

5. Take care of yourself, woodsprite.

Are your blood glucose levels running higher? Stress can elevate it and an infection is certainly a stress. Take care of yourself and do what you know is the right thing.

Reply to this post

Response to TexasProgresive (Reply #5)

Tue Jan 16, 2018, 07:58 PM

6. Yes. They're kind of all over the place.

Sunday I went from 180 fasting at 8:30 to 230 at 10:30. Breakfast was 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbl avocado oil mayo, a piece of low carb toast, low sodium v8 juice to drink. It dropped from 230 to 130 in an hour. Total roller coaster ride all day long!

I'm hoping that was my worst day.

Reply to this post

Response to woodsprite (Reply #6)

Tue Jan 16, 2018, 08:31 PM

7. Good and wishing good to you.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread