HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Does anyone know an artif...

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 07:06 AM

Does anyone know an artifact buyer?

I have a decent size arrowhead collection with some very fine specimens. I found every one via surface hunting and can identify where found. Most found over 20 years ago.

I am selling most of my few possessions. My artifact collection has been in a box for 3 years so it is not something I am able to enjoy or use ...so it's gonna be sold. 😏😐

I am in Seattle but internet and phones make stuff much easier. Also, will be traveling to Midwest soon so could possibly meet in western half of country...

I'm motivated but not stupid or desperate.

2 replies, 726 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Does anyone know an artifact buyer? (Original post)
Wawannabe Oct 8 OP
lapfog_1 Oct 8 #1
Wawannabe Oct 8 #2

Response to Wawannabe (Original post)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 07:23 AM

1. I lost my collection of arrowheads found on my family farm

usually in the spring after plowing a field (we did that the very old fashioned way with a horse drawn plow, where I got to guide the plow). Anyway, I had a decent collection including 1 axe blade... and I think my mother donated them to the local historical society.

How much are you looking to get for them?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lapfog_1 (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 07:35 AM

2. You know what I mean by surface hunting then

😀

Sorry you lost yours. I spent many hot days in rubber boots slogging through mud after those spring rains and plowing!

Re: $ ? Hundreds if not thousands in total. The very fine specimens quantity is around 20. I've been to sales and they go in the hundreds usually.

An auction is last resort so not expecting to fetch all that a bidding war could. Would have to unpack and quantify. Should begin this I guess.

Thanks for your reply, friend.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread