HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Reply/Login Question

Wed Jun 26, 2019, 11:52 AM

Reply/Login Question

When you attempt to reply to a post, and are not logged-in, it makes you log in first; But why does it not take you back to the thread you were trying to reply to once you've logged in?

This is very annoying and I can't recall a single other forum where it is programmed like this. There's no reason to log in unless you are going to reply or start a discussion, so I always have to go find the thread again when I try to reply and have to log in. It would be much simpler if it returns you to the discussion thread you were in once you log in.

I understand this forum has been around for a long time, but that is something I thought would have been changed long, long ago. Am I missing something and there is a reason for this?

Thanks!

3 replies, 1333 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Reply/Login Question (Original post)
ScratchCat Jun 2019 OP
Control-Z Jun 2019 #1
AllaN01Bear Jun 2019 #2
Skittles Jul 2019 #3

Response to ScratchCat (Original post)

Wed Jun 26, 2019, 12:11 PM

1. I stay logged in but on occasion

I get signed out, for some reason. After I sign back in I just click back to the page I was on and then refresh my browser.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 26, 2019, 01:11 PM

2. howdi. i will find a story when i am not logged in. and many times a story will get archived

when i log in. so, ill usually will keep that window active and ill log in another window and then either read the story or op and then comment . sometimes i will bookmark a story so i can come back to it later and read and or comment as many stories and ops will get archived very quickly sometims.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 4, 2019, 07:59 PM

3. or you could just copy the thread location before you logon

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread