HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Once upon a time - in an ...

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:44 PM

Once upon a time - in an earlier DU iteration - one could search profiles

alphabetically. I have been trying to look for a few favorite old posters - and have no idea if they are active. Is it still possible to look up by DU Name to see profiles? If it is, I haven't figured out how to do it.

Thanks.

5 replies, 1056 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Once upon a time - in an earlier DU iteration - one could search profiles (Original post)
salin Jun 2018 OP
bearsfootball516 Jun 2018 #1
salin Jun 2018 #2
hlthe2b Jun 2018 #3
salin Jun 2018 #4
hlthe2b Jun 2018 #5

Response to salin (Original post)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:49 PM

1. If you type in their name in the google search box in the upper right corner...

It should pull their profile up on Google, first result. I just tried it with my name.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bearsfootball516 (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 04:05 PM

2. Thanks- just tried that...I get (for some - but maybe I am off on the name) old posts

that if the person is on this version of DU lets me get to their profile. One person I haven't seen for six or more years - I got an old post (earlier version) but clicking the profile just put me at the current home page.

It's a start. One used to be able to search through profile names - but then again, I started here when it was under 10K profile names so that probably isn't practical.

Thanks again (from one Hoosier to another!)

Reply to this post

Response to salin (Original post)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 04:12 PM

3. Go into your inbox for DU mail, type in as much of the name as possible

in the "send du mail" box at the top and hit "search".... You should get at least some partial matches to get you started and clicking on any results should show you their profile.

Reply to this post

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #3)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 04:17 PM

4. Thanks - that is pretty direct.

I think a few that I am looking for never made the transition to DU3 - so no profile. But this is a quick way to figure that out.

Thanks!

Reply to this post

Response to salin (Reply #4)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 04:21 PM

5. I've noticed some flagged members don't come up in the "mail" search, but MAY in the general google

search.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread