HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Where is the list of righ...

Thu May 17, 2018, 01:48 PM

Where is the list of rightwing media sites we are not allowed to use like Fox News?

2 replies, 1413 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Where is the list of rightwing media sites we are not allowed to use like Fox News? (Original post)
Eliot Rosewater May 2018 OP
Rhiannon12866 May 2018 #1
steve2470 May 22 #2

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Original post)

Fri May 18, 2018, 11:38 PM

1. The DU.2 mods used to have a Bad Site List to use as a guide

But obviously that's not accessible anymore, so I guess you have to use your best judgment. Some of them are obvious, like The Daily Caller or Russian (RT, Sputnik) or other state sites. Another one I remember that I've seen used here is Zero Hedge - and of course InfoWars. We could really use another list, I agree. I remember Skinner saying the only reason those types of sites should be posted was to disprove what they were saying.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Original post)

Tue May 22, 2018, 08:47 AM

2. if you have any doubts when you post, just ask

Trust me, you WILL be told very quickly that it is a right-wing site and/or not acceptable here. Just don't be offended if you're told it's right wing and/or unacceptable, because many of us have had to learn this also.

Rule of thumb: If you've never heard of a particular author or website, there's a good chance they
are right-wing. There are some obscure leftist sites, of course, but there seem to be many more
right wing sites.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread