HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Elizabeth Warren: The Gam...

Sun Jan 10, 2016, 10:46 AM

Elizabeth Warren: The Game is Rigged and the American People Know That

The game is rigged. How many here understand that?

How many understand what it will take to fix it?

Which candidate is most willing to (try to) change the game?

Mark Cuban said "Income inequality is our biggest problem" I saw in a video yesterday. I guess he agrees.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027516177

When is enough enough?

6 replies, 894 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Elizabeth Warren: The Game is Rigged and the American People Know That (Original post)
Yallow Jan 2016 OP
Yallow Jan 2016 #1
EdwardBernays Jan 2016 #2
brooklynite Jan 2016 #4
EdwardBernays Jan 2016 #5
fredamae Jan 2016 #3
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #6

Response to EdwardBernays (Reply #2)

Sun Jan 10, 2016, 12:54 PM

4. 2014? Perhaps something more recent is appropriate...

Elizabeth Warren praises Hillary Clinton’s Wall Street plan

Sen. Elizabeth Warren delivered influential support Monday for Hillary Clinton's proposal to expand regulation of the banking and financial services industries.

Warren said she welcomes Clinton’s warning that Republicans are trying to use the current government spending bill to weaken regulations. The liberal Massachusetts Democrat has declined to endorse anyone in the Democratic presidential primary so far.

Clinton wrote an op-ed piece that appeared Monday in the New York Times that calls on Congress not to strip funding for the watchdog Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

“Secretary Clinton is right to fight back against Republicans trying to sneak Wall Street giveaways into the must-pass government funding bill,” Warren wrote on Facebook.

Washington Post- Dec 2015

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yallow (Original post)

Sun Jan 10, 2016, 12:14 PM

3. Which is Why I am particularly

offended by DCDebbies public shaming of voters.
The fact is voting these days when ones only choice is LOTE is discouraging - I understand why so many said "f'it I'm not going to bother. And while I wish they hadn't stayed home....The DNC/DWS has Not addressed complaints and concerns from the base in Years. Literally.
DWS simply needs to change a word from "Your to I am", look in the mirror and admit who's Really at fault for low voter turnout.

Reply to this post

Response to Yallow (Original post)

Sun Jan 10, 2016, 01:02 PM

6. IF Mark Cuban Agrees With Bernie on Income Inequality Then People Who Support One Candidate

who is not so up to snuff on this issue might want to take another look at Bernie Sanders who is the ONLY candidate who truly has committed to addressing this crucial and revolution inspiring issue on EVERY Level!

Remember when I say "Revolution inspiring" I am noting that there are two sides to this... One is the inspiration of a candidate who has publicly committed to addressing the issue to correct the problem, while the other point is the potential in the not so distant future of the "people" taking matters into their own hands... as history has demonstrated time and time again over its course. Think alternative to Bernie's plan being an armed insurrection???

Such events could happen HERE!!!! Yes They COULD... and will... UNLESS this issue is addressed in a straightforward and quantifiable manner through the election of an individual who attracts broad support by virtue of his demonstrated integrity and sincerity in his advocacy for the common man rather than "The Corporation" and the Oligarchy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread