HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Can a poll be set up on t...

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 04:50 PM

Can a poll be set up on the General Discussion: Primary board....

to ask which of the Democratic candidates people favor - or would that be considered "disruptive"?

5 replies, 753 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Can a poll be set up on the General Discussion: Primary board.... (Original post)
CajunBlazer Oct 2015 OP
aidbo Oct 2015 #1
frazzled Oct 2015 #2
HassleCat Oct 2015 #3
CajunBlazer Oct 2015 #4
Cheese Sandwich Oct 2015 #5

Response to CajunBlazer (Original post)

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 04:54 PM

2. What would it helpful for?

Nothing in the real world, certainly, since DU is not in any way representative of the range of voters who will be participating in the Democratic primaries, either geographically, racially, or ideologically.

It probably wouldn't even give a good sense of how DU membership will be voting, since many viewers/readers/posters do not participate in polls here. I certainly don't.

Besides, voting is a private affair, done anonymously. DU polls are not anonymous: anyone who participates has their user name visible.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 04:58 PM

3. Not much point

DU is populated (mostly) by dedicated fans of their chosen candidates. It's certainly not representative of any segment of the population except DU.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 05:08 PM

4. Okay I get it - polls on DU don't get much participation and aren't representative.

The other poll only had 279 respondents.

Probably not representative because very liberal Democrats seem to dominate the conversation- at least on the "General Discussion - Primaries" board - probably because they are so passionate.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread