HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Lame Stream is Playing Ca...

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 04:18 PM

Lame Stream is Playing Candidates & You: Warren v Romney 2016!

Yeah, I know, it is but a dream, less than a glimmer, at present; but that is because the main stream media is orchestrating the candidates and the viewing public, for the sake of Rate Card Advertising Revenues. Elizabeth Warren and Mitt Romney, usually top dogs in daily/weekly news reports - have taken a back seat to the clown cars, bobble-heads and baiting/ hating goings on that is make main stream media outlets - RicH!

Think Not - you say - are you aware all politicians pay top rate and get equal time?
[br]

[center][font size=5]
Citizens United Birthed Billions of Dollars to Save Lame Stream
[/font][/center]

According to the Washington Post, story in 2012, "Mad Money: TV ads in the 2012 presidential campaign titled" Barack Obama spent $404 million and Willard Mitt Romney spend $492 million, in the Presidential election - against one another.

Now that doesn't count Super PACS, freebies, Newspaper and Radio (such as Romney's Bain entity Clear Channel Communication that owns Ham'ity, Blech and LameBlah - all obviously giving free support to their boss).

If the main stream media had its way, like Walmart puts out Christmas items in August, so would MSM put on Presidential election debates the day after inauguration in January. For an industry that has media outlets going bankrupt left and right (pun not intended - but notably remaining), a full top Rate, every hour of every day, is a lottery win.

And the candidates, along with the rest of U.S. - gladly are buying into MSM bull chit!
[br]
[hr][br]
[center][font size=5]
Who will be the Nominees Come June 2016[/font]

[font size=4]My bet is on Elizabeth Warren and Mitt Romney
[/font][/center]
[br]

Yup, I'm going there, cause = historically = front runners never really get to run (successfully). Just look at Ross Perot, who led the entire time, until the actual votes were counted. He came in 3rd (though he was the most successful independent in over 50 years).

All this banter, right now, over HRC being the DNC choice (but not Democratic Underground users choice - as notable in a POLL = here) and Trump being the front runner, is just as valid as Mitt trying to beat Jeb (and seeing Jeb Bush getting real mean now - where he is sliding down and down).

Fer sure, lame stream has played U.S. all, including the candidates, like a violin. They are racking up dollars upon dollars and (as far as we know) the Koch brothers have not even kicked in the $800 million or so that they have promised (cause their 1st pic - Walker - ain't walking up the polls too well).

As for me, I'm feelin the Bern until Senator Warren enters in. If, due to the DNC and old powers that be, Hillary gets the nod, I'm going to push for her; but I'd love to see Romney v Warren - for both of them are a moment of clarity like none other before. Senator Warren being against Wall Street and its revolving door and Mitt Romney being 2nd only to Goldman Sachs and having an established revolving door.

Meanwhile, the ad revenue dollars keep pouring in and the "parties" (in ever sense of the word) continue.....

HERE's a neat little website that has the history (sort of) from all the elections since George Washington was unanimously elected. It includes tidbits such as 1 other POTUS did not receive unanimous, due to one hold out - whom they argue did his dissent to make sure Washington kept his perfect record - solely. It also notes that Nixon ran on being a fighter against crime (and - if you think that is rich - you should really get a laugh out of the fact that it was Nixon who signed the RICO Act of 1970 - into LAW).
[br]

Who will it be - come June 2016
[font color=white]
======================= [/font]We'll see!
[br]

http://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/presidential-elections

0 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
Yup = MSM is playing U.S. and the Candidates
0 (0%)
I'm for Hillary
0 (0%)
My votes is for Bernie
0 (0%)
Waiting to see who else will enter the fray
0 (0%)
Warren - Warren - Warren
0 (0%)
Laser is quazar'd out - The race is already decided
0 (0%)
I'm not voting for anyone - Democratic party isn't what it used to be
0 (0%)
We hope the GOP can't dump Trump
0 (0%)
Show usernames
Disclaimer: This is an Internet poll

2 replies, 753 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lame Stream is Playing Candidates & You: Warren v Romney 2016! (Original post)
laserhaas Aug 2015 OP
laserhaas Aug 2015 #1
laserhaas Aug 2015 #2

Response to laserhaas (Original post)

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 04:34 PM

1. The most famous politico AD of all time - is what is known as "The Daisy"

It only ran once - but the message was so powerfully received - it made a huge dent.

And is mimicked ever since - such as this Huckabee ad of 2015

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread