HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Oregon presidential poll:...

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 10:37 AM

Oregon presidential poll: Hillary Clinton pressed by Bernie Sanders

Oregon presidential poll: Hillary Clinton pressed by Bernie Sanders

A new independent political survey shows Hillary Clinton with only a narrow lead over Bernie Sanders in the Democratic presidential race in Oregon. On the Republican side, businessman Donald Trump leads the field in Oregon, much as he does in national polls.

The July 25-27 survey by Portland-based DHM Research shows Clinton, the former secretary of state, leading the Democratic primary in Oregon with 44 percent of the vote to 39 percent for Sanders, a Vermont senator.

Trump has support from 18 percent of Oregon Republicans, compared to Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker at 12 percent, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 11 percent and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz at 10 percent.

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2015/08/oregon_presidential_poll_hilla.html

WARNING: This is NOT a DNC intentionally skewed poll showing HRC leading by a large margin :

7 replies, 2099 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oregon presidential poll: Hillary Clinton pressed by Bernie Sanders (Original post)
FreakinDJ Aug 2015 OP
NCTraveler Aug 2015 #1
FreakinDJ Aug 2015 #2
NCTraveler Aug 2015 #4
Godhumor Aug 2015 #3
n8dogg83 Aug 2015 #5
JackInGreen Aug 2015 #6
pa28 Aug 2015 #7

Response to FreakinDJ (Original post)

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 10:40 AM

1. "This is NOT a DNC intentionally skewed poll showing HRC leading by a large margin"

Can you link to the polls you are referencing?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #1)

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 10:45 AM

2. younger respondents (ages 18-29) would vote for Bernie Sanders (59 percent) over Clinton (37 percent

Reply to this post

Response to FreakinDJ (Reply #2)

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 10:51 AM

4. So, your response to a request to back up your claim..

is to simply grab certain information from polls. If the full group being polled is shown, it is DNC interference. Interesting take.

I will ask again. Do you have a link of the DNC favored polls you referenced in your op. Your link and comment is completely void of an answer to a statement you made.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 10:48 AM

3. Actually, it is one of the most horrendously skewed polls in recent memory

So bad that RCP didn't even bother to include it in its aggregate. Why? Well:

-only 206 participants sampled
-MOE of +/- 7%
-Internet based survey
-Participants included only those who have previously taken a phone poll (massive sample bias)

It is a microcosm of everything you shouldn't do when making a poll.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 12:02 PM

5. Yea, im highly doubtful of the accuracy of this poll...

and I say this as a Bernie supporter. I would be very much interested to see some more reputable polls from Oregon, especially after his upcoming rally in Portland with 15,000+ RSVPs already. I also heard from a couple news sources that Bernie is polling within 10 points of Hillary in Iowa, but I cannot find the poll they are referencing.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 12:06 PM

6. Good info Freak

But I don't know if we can say that unequivically.....seems like it but we've got no hard proof. Let's keep it like Bernie.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 7, 2015, 12:15 PM

7. Nice!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread