HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Ron Paul wins Iowa. And M...

Wed Apr 25, 2012, 09:59 AM

Ron Paul wins Iowa. And Minnesota. And might win Colorado.

The Daily Register is reporting that six to eight of the new Iowa GOP state central committee elected Saturday are Paul supporters or have very close ties to the Paul presidential campaign. Also, A.J. Spiker, Paul’s Iowa campaign vice chairman, is the new Republican Party of Iowa chairman. On top of the original seven he received on Jan. 3, he will garner at least 14 of the 28 delegates in Iowa.
Santorum was declared the winner of the 2012 Minnesota caucuses by claiming 44.95 percent of the vote. However, Paul will once again receive at least 20 of the state’s 40 delegates – 14 remain unpledged.
In the Colorado Republican caucuses that were held on Feb. 7, Dr. Paul was last in the popular vote (11.8 percent, 7,759 votes), but according to the Paul campaign, supporters captured 12 delegates and 13 alternate delegates. The Centennial State maintains 36 delegates; 33 of which are tied to the caucuses.

Furthermore, representatives from the state operations believe it can win over even more delegates from Santorum in the Paul-Santorum coalition that was formed, which grabbed 20 delegates compared to Romney’s estimated 16.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323593#ixzz1t3nLyYhU

Rachel Maddow on this:
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-maddow-show/47151825

Republican voting systems. Because the Electoral College is way too straightforward.

8 replies, 3592 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ron Paul wins Iowa. And Minnesota. And might win Colorado. (Original post)
muriel_volestrangler Apr 2012 OP
Lawlbringer Apr 2012 #1
WI_DEM Apr 2012 #2
kestrel91316 Apr 2012 #3
Post removed Apr 2012 #5
kestrel91316 Apr 2012 #7
muriel_volestrangler Apr 2012 #8
Kahuna Apr 2012 #4
Arkana Apr 2012 #6

Response to muriel_volestrangler (Original post)

Wed Apr 25, 2012, 10:40 AM

1. Paulites are touting this as a sign

that the Age of Paul is upon us.

Three states and none of the popular vote...C'mon.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Apr 25, 2012, 11:11 AM

2. Paul has a good relationship with Romney and might try and influence him to put

Rand Paul on the ticket.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 25, 2012, 11:22 AM

3. The only reason Ron Paul is getting much interest

from voters is because of his stance on cannabis. If those same people were aware of his extreme RW religious views on women's reproduction they might not like him. But he keeps his mouth shut about that.

If he ever DID get elected, the whole cannabis thing would disappear and he would put his energy into banning all abortions and birth control IMHO.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #3)

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #3)

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 12:11 PM

7. I find it fascinating that the RP supporter who replied to me (and was deleted)

made the blithe assumption that I opposed cannabis/hemp legalization personally.

FAIL. I just happen to think that's a ploy by RP to get the youth vote. He's a RWer of the highest order and opposes not just abortion but all birth control. Saying it should be a matter for states' rights means RP thinks my body is not my own property under federal law and the Constitution. Makes him literally pro-slavery in MY eyes.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #7)

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 03:02 PM

8. Yeah, anything that gets called "states' rights" means they're happy for it to be forbidden

It means it's not the right of a person.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 25, 2012, 12:51 PM

4. That's nice...

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 08:48 AM

6. Someone needs to grab every Ron Paul supporter by the shoulders,

shake them, and go "YOUR GUY'S NOT GOING TO WIN THE NOMINATION. GET THE FUCK OVER IT."

The GOP will never allow it to happen. They'll blow up the convention hall before they allow Ron Paul to walk away with the nomination.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread