HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Between the ongoing ( and...

Tue Aug 27, 2013, 09:56 AM

Between the ongoing ( and apparently forgotten) sequester and the probable upcoming

refusal to raise the debt limit, how close are we to seeing the republican ideal of no government? If the press is paying any attention to either issue these days, I haven't seen it.

3 replies, 1054 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Between the ongoing ( and apparently forgotten) sequester and the probable upcoming (Original post)
hedgehog Aug 2013 OP
Drale Aug 2013 #1
hedgehog Aug 2013 #2
Drale Aug 2013 #3

Response to hedgehog (Original post)

Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:03 AM

1. I don't think they realize

that without a government those who work together will succeed, and those who try and hoard and go it on their own will die. So liberals who are more than willing to help each other out would thrive in the end while conservatives who are extremely selfish would all be killed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Drale (Reply #1)

Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:09 AM

2. I don't think it will be that bad - but I am wondering how bad it will get.

The problem I see right now is that the consequences have been hidden. IIRC, defense contractors in Virginia start lay-ffs next month - maybe then people will sit up and take notice!

Reply to this post

Response to hedgehog (Reply #2)

Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:10 AM

3. I'm talking long term

either the conservatives will die, or they will learn to work together with people which will make them far more liberal.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread