HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Does the President of the...

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 06:44 PM

Does the President of the USA REALLY want to shortchange SS recipients to

get a deal with the Repubs?

Is he serious? Do the hard-working elderly, veterans, and disabled need to be sacrificed in order to get something from the stingy Republicans?

Is protecting the rich, (and getting not one of their votes), worth throwing a social safety net system into some sort of statistical shortchanging system forever?

I'm not able to start a poll, but, at my age, getting $1000 or $2000 or $5000 cheated out of my benefits in order for the rich not to have to pay more taxes.......why would this make sense to any Democrat, let alone our elected President? Is he serious? Will he really make millions of poor Americans poorer to give into Republicans who only exist to protect the rich?

5 replies, 1262 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Does the President of the USA REALLY want to shortchange SS recipients to (Original post)
nonoyes Mar 2013 OP
forestpath Mar 2013 #1
tokenlib Mar 2013 #2
nonoyes Mar 2013 #3
Demo_Chris Mar 2013 #4
Dragonfli Mar 2013 #5

Response to nonoyes (Original post)

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 06:54 PM

1. Sure looks that way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 07:23 PM

2. My hope is that the President is grossly underestimating the blowback of a "grand betrayal."

We need to fight back in every way we can.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 07:45 PM

3. 35% of voters for Obama were over 50

He would have lost the election if he had said this stuff a year ago

Just saying

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:06 PM

4. Yes. But if you think it screws you, that's nothing compared to how it screws your kids

Current retirees will get hammered. Future retirees will get nothing.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:12 PM

5. Yes, in fact it is a standard boilerplate position of one subset of "democrat"

I don't consider this subset Democrats at all, but rather Republican politicians that for varying reasons (including infiltration) have registered as Democratic, their group started when Koch Industries gave funding to the DLC and served on its Executive Council

http://www.correntewire.com/why_its_feature_not_bug_koch_family_funds_dlc

One member of the DLC's executive council is none other than Koch Industries, the privately held, Kansas-based oil company whose namesake family members are avatars of the far right, having helped to found archconservative institutions like the Cato Institute and Citizens for a Sound Economy. Not only that, but two Koch executives, Richard Fink and Robert P. Hall III, are listed as members of the board of trustees and the event committee, respectively--meaning that they gave significantly more than $25,000.

Shortly after their Koch connections became well known they re-branded as "Third-Way" or "new" Democrats and most of their economic blueprints were transferred to the new Third Way website (Although they still keep the DLC think tank Progressive policy institute around to push free trade and cuts to SS and Medicare)

These third wayers are proudly pro corporate, unyieldingly free trade, and rabidly anti "entitlement"
their standard policy hope is to cut SS, they have been promoting it since the 80's.
They are responsible for past ftee trade agreements under Clinton, the destruction of welfare, and the end of bank regulations that led to the recent crash. You can easily guess what the next false flag attack on citizens will be (while posing as Democrats) simply by reading their website: http://www.thirdway.org/

A very thorough recent post by MadFloridian on this false flag group of republicans: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022497884 (a must read)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread