HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Palmer Luckey, Millionair...

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 02:23 PM

Palmer Luckey, Millionaire Founder of Oculus Rift, Loves Donald Trump and Dates a Gamergater

Palmer Luckey, Millionaire Founder of Oculus Rift, Loves Donald Trump and Dates a Gamergater
Bryan Menegus Yesterday 11:54amFiled to: OCULUS

It’s been an open secret for some time that Palmer Luckey, the 24-year-old founder of VR company Oculus Rift and heir apparent to the future of gaming, is a strange guy—the type who argues with his customers on Reddit and casually cosplays as My Little Pony characters. Turns out, he also appears to be an active supporter of Donald Trump and the alt-right, and in a long-term relationship with an avid Gamergater.

He’s also faved tweets mocking “SJWs” or Social Justice Warriors—a concept encompassing a sort of liberal boogeyman for members of the alt-right. For the alt-right, “censorship” is everything up to and including criticism of outright bigotry, and SJWs are painted as ineffectual proponents of everything from racial tolerance to nanny state politics.

Luckey is also in a longterm relationship with Nicole Edelmann, aka Nikki Moxxi, a cosplayer, vocal member of the GamerGate movement, and active Trump supporter.

http://gizmodo.com/palmer-luckey-millionaire-founder-of-oculus-rift-love-1786994094

2 replies, 739 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Palmer Luckey, Millionaire Founder of Oculus Rift, Loves Donald Trump and Dates a Gamergater (Original post)
workinclasszero Sep 2016 OP
GeorgeGist Sep 2016 #1
workinclasszero Sep 2016 #2

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 05:25 PM

1. At the rate he's going ...

he'll be broke by 2018.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to GeorgeGist (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 08:40 PM

2. I hope you are right!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread