Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
34 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
AGiordano: How the 1972 Watergate burglary & the 2016 Wikileaks DNC dump share the exact same motive (Original Post) Her Sister Jul 2016 OP
So the 1972 Watergate burglary was intended to clean up the DNC????? Scuba Jul 2016 #1
What do you mean? Her Sister Jul 2016 #3
You think Russian state hackers want to clean up the DNC? DanTex Jul 2016 #6
What Russian state hackers? Source please. Scuba Jul 2016 #8
It's more assumption that hard fact at this point Bradical79 Jul 2016 #20
Could be the Trump campaign. Or countless others. Doesn't change the fact that .... Scuba Jul 2016 #21
Both are/were intended to bring down the Democratic party WhiteTara Jul 2016 #10
We need to clean up our party so it's not exposed to such problems. Scuba Jul 2016 #11
Ah "concern" to the rescue of the "discussion"! Good one! Her Sister Jul 2016 #18
DWS made poor decisions. Avalux Jul 2016 #30
Sure, let's do that. Get involved, go to party meetings, do the daily work... JHB Jul 2016 #22
I'm involved daily working for two different Democrats, one running for state office, one national. Scuba Jul 2016 #23
Great, and apologies for thinking it might be otherwise JHB Jul 2016 #25
No problem. Scuba Jul 2016 #27
Looks like you would be a perfect candidate WhiteTara Jul 2016 #31
I work at my local county party, and for 2 campaigns. All would be considered "fringe left" ... Scuba Jul 2016 #32
Good job and keep going. nt WhiteTara Jul 2016 #34
With one very important difference randr Jul 2016 #2
Snort! Scuba Jul 2016 #4
Only because the crooks were caught in the act... DonViejo Jul 2016 #26
PEOPLE DEFENDING WIKILEAKS! Her Sister Jul 2016 #5
They gotta support their favorite rapist. nt Dr Hobbitstein Jul 2016 #7
In the meantime awesome news, this is happening: Her Sister Jul 2016 #9
Hell yeah! nt Dr Hobbitstein Jul 2016 #14
But are we OK oswaldactedalone Jul 2016 #15
Wait a sec. We were told here at DU that Clinton's emails were exactly like Watergate. randome Jul 2016 #12
The Trump/Stein/Weaver coalition exposed for what it really is Her Sister Jul 2016 #13
How did the trump hackers get the DNC emails. Dkc05 Jul 2016 #16
This reminds me more of Reagan's Iranian hostage shenanigans. GoCubsGo Jul 2016 #17
Donít sweat d small stuff or d petty efforts by weak minds & lazy actors to try & rain on d parade Her Sister Jul 2016 #19
Post removed Post removed Jul 2016 #24
Al Giordano can stuff it. He's a jerk on Twitter and badly misinformed about this story. DemocraticWing Jul 2016 #28
Go Al Giordano! Her Sister Jul 2016 #29
KnR Her Sister Jul 2016 #33
 

Bradical79

(4,490 posts)
20. It's more assumption that hard fact at this point
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 12:28 PM
Jul 2016

Basically, in June Russian hackers were discovered to have hacked the DNC stealing all their Trump information and gaining access to all emails and chat traffic for a year. It's assumed that this comes from that hack. The Trump connection comes from Trump's ties to Russian mob and Putin, plus the timing of the leak just ahead of Clinton's VP nomination and convention.

 

Scuba

(53,475 posts)
21. Could be the Trump campaign. Or countless others. Doesn't change the fact that ....
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 12:35 PM
Jul 2016

... the DNC is not disputing the accuracy of the emails.

 

Her Sister

(6,444 posts)
18. Ah "concern" to the rescue of the "discussion"! Good one!
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 12:07 PM
Jul 2016

Am so sure your concern is genuine! ~and well-meaning! lol!

You are friend! not foe!

11. We need to clean up our party so it's not exposed to such problems.


Adorable!

Avalux

(35,015 posts)
30. DWS made poor decisions.
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 07:51 PM
Jul 2016

She didn't do her job as promised by actively favoring one Democratic candidate over another. That's a no-no - you know it, and she owns it.

I am a Democrat because I believe what we stand for is rooted in caring for each other - we are better than Republicans. It's extremely disappointing when the chairwoman of MY party is exposed for doing something that shows a complete lack of integrity - just like a Republican.

Bottom line - I'm mad pissed there were emails to leak in the first place. You should be too if you care about the Democrat Party.

JHB

(37,192 posts)
22. Sure, let's do that. Get involved, go to party meetings, do the daily work...
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 12:49 PM
Jul 2016

...make sure progressives are well-represented within the party. How many hours a month do you spend on party work? If it's zero, upping that number would help more than you think.

But in November it will be Hilllary vs the howler monkey. No amount of "cleaning up" between now and then will change that.

 

Scuba

(53,475 posts)
23. I'm involved daily working for two different Democrats, one running for state office, one national.
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 12:51 PM
Jul 2016

WhiteTara

(29,822 posts)
31. Looks like you would be a perfect candidate
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 07:57 PM
Jul 2016

for your local county central committee. That is the best stepping stone and we need all the help we can get!

 

Scuba

(53,475 posts)
32. I work at my local county party, and for 2 campaigns. All would be considered "fringe left" ...
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 08:01 PM
Jul 2016

... by some DU members.

oswaldactedalone

(3,502 posts)
15. But are we OK
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 11:08 AM
Jul 2016

with our candidates using a terrorist fist bump like this in public. Why are they making Democratic Party secrets so public?

 

randome

(34,845 posts)
12. Wait a sec. We were told here at DU that Clinton's emails were exactly like Watergate.
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 11:02 AM
Jul 2016

Now it's this. From whence comes this sick fascination to try and make the Democratic Party the equivalent of the GOP?

The lengths some will go to make everything seem so simple is truly amazing.
[hr][font color="blue"][center]A 90% chance of rain means the same as a 10% chance:
It might rain and it might not.
[/center][/font][hr]

 

Her Sister

(6,444 posts)
13. The Trump/Stein/Weaver coalition exposed for what it really is
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 11:05 AM
Jul 2016
The Trump/Stein/Weaver coalition exposed for what it really is
Another newsletter worth more than it's weight in Gold. Tnx, Al!


https://twitter.com/GareBearEsq/status/757224927703379968
 

Dkc05

(375 posts)
16. How did the trump hackers get the DNC emails.
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 11:15 AM
Jul 2016

Not sure how the trump folks infiltrated the DNC emails. This is worst than watergate the fbi needs to get involved immediately with stopping the trump campaign from anymore dirty tricks.
Trump must have ties to Putin.

Wrong to publish internal emails

GoCubsGo

(32,424 posts)
17. This reminds me more of Reagan's Iranian hostage shenanigans.
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 11:20 AM
Jul 2016

Only because it involves a foreign entity (and probably members of their government.) But, yeah. There are definitely aspects of Watergate present here, as well.

 

Her Sister

(6,444 posts)
19. Donít sweat d small stuff or d petty efforts by weak minds & lazy actors to try & rain on d parade
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 12:23 PM
Jul 2016
"Don’t sweat the small stuff or the petty efforts by weak minds and lazy actors to try and rain on the parade."

Response to Her Sister (Original post)

DemocraticWing

(1,290 posts)
28. Al Giordano can stuff it. He's a jerk on Twitter and badly misinformed about this story.
Sun Jul 24, 2016, 04:20 PM
Jul 2016

He claims he's going to run against Bernie for Senate next time too. I'd like to watch him get his ass handed to him.

Latest Discussions»Retired Forums»2016 Postmortem»AGiordano: How the 1972 W...