HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » If you believed the lies ...

Wed Jul 6, 2016, 04:23 AM

If you believed the lies about the FBI investigation, you owe it to yourself to find better sources

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/5/1545264/-If-you-believed-the-lies-about-the-FBI-investigation-you-owe-it-to-yourself-to-find-better-sources

It's not just the RW (and LW radicals) who ginned this faux scandal up, it is also largely due to "churnalism" and that churnalism continues with coverage today.

First, I want to say to everyone who actually believed there was something to the e-mail scandal: Iím sorry that you were lied to. I donít want this post to be a victory lap or an ďI told you soĒ post, because the issue weíre dealing with is serious, and deserves serious thought.

What this whole story reveals is that we have a problem with churnalism. The reporters, writers, and journalists who bring us news are so understaffed that they donít actually have time to fact check their own reporting. What most reporters do right now is just re-word whatever press release theyíve been handed. If you were someone who believed the oft-repeated lies told about the facts in this case, Iím sorry. But recognize that we donít have effective news companies anymore, even in the new media space. In new media, people are often just re-wording what someone else previously re-worded. Thereís no actual reporting.

And as citizen journalists, the lot of you are actually capable of picking up a phone and calling someone whoís the subject of a story, or an expert. Just tell them youíre a blogger, and e-mail them the resulting post. Iíve done that. I think the rest of you should consider doing it, too.

I wrote months ago that the only possible charges to bring against Clinton would be civil, and internal to the state department, requiring a sit down meeting with the president whose job it would have been to decide whether any sanction was necessary.

1 replies, 814 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply If you believed the lies about the FBI investigation, you owe it to yourself to find better sources (Original post)
BlueMTexpat Jul 2016 OP
peace13 Jul 2016 #1

Response to BlueMTexpat (Original post)

Wed Jul 6, 2016, 05:37 AM

1. I don't know about this one.

It doesn't sound like he was listening to the same press conference. Watching the actual video would help. As far as victory goes I would call it a lose, all the way around. There is no joy in Mudville, except of course for someone....who got it right.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread