HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Spreading more lies. Bern...

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:24 PM

Spreading more lies. Bernie NEVER said Hillary was not qualified to be President.

He was responding to Hillary's questioning HIS qualifications:

"My response is if you want to question my qualifications, then maybe the American people might wonder about your qualifications Madame Secretary," he said.

Sanders added: "When you voted for the war in Iraq, the most disastrous foreign policy blunder in the history of America, you might want to question your qualifications. When you voted for trade agreements that cost millions of Americans decent paying jobs, and the American people might want to wonder about your qualifications. When you're spending an enormous amount of time raising money for your super PAC from some of the wealthiest people in this country, and from some of the most outrageous special interests ... Are you qualified to be president of the United States when you're raising millions of dollars from Wall Street whose greed and recklessness helped destroy our economy?"

He was asking a question to Hillary. He was also asking what the American people thought.

NOT ONCE! Did he say she was not qualified. Then again, lies are the specialty of Hillary, her campaign, and her supporters.

28 replies, 1727 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 28 replies Author Time Post
Reply Spreading more lies. Bernie NEVER said Hillary was not qualified to be President. (Original post)
Elmer S. E. Dump Apr 2016 OP
Arkansas Granny Apr 2016 #1
bkkyosemite Apr 2016 #4
Arkansas Granny Apr 2016 #7
bkkyosemite Apr 2016 #20
yodermon Apr 2016 #16
zappaman Apr 2016 #2
Tarc Apr 2016 #3
bkkyosemite Apr 2016 #6
Tarc Apr 2016 #13
Elmer S. E. Dump Apr 2016 #21
Tarc Apr 2016 #24
Elmer S. E. Dump Apr 2016 #27
SaschaHM Apr 2016 #5
Elmer S. E. Dump Apr 2016 #22
mainstreetonce Apr 2016 #8
BernieforPres2016 Apr 2016 #17
NCTraveler Apr 2016 #9
KingFlorez Apr 2016 #10
amborin Apr 2016 #11
geek tragedy Apr 2016 #12
Beacool Apr 2016 #14
Elmer S. E. Dump Apr 2016 #23
Beacool Apr 2016 #25
Elmer S. E. Dump Apr 2016 #28
wilt the stilt Apr 2016 #15
Beacool Apr 2016 #26
Nonhlanhla Apr 2016 #18
Dem2 Apr 2016 #19

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Original post)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:28 PM

1. You're grasping at straws.

We heard what he said and it's clear what he meant.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:32 PM

4. He was letting her know that he would not put up with her intimidation or lies.

Reply to this post

Response to bkkyosemite (Reply #4)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:34 PM

7. She neither intimidated or lied. She avoided a trap

that was set for her.

Reply to this post

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #7)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 01:14 PM

20. The night of WI CNN had this dude told of the Clinton campaign and their threats towards Bernie

before and after this she continued to imply he was not qualified:

"Clinton Camp threatens Bernie Sanders on live CNN. They started this and the M$M" CNN" want to make it sound like Bernie Sanders is the bad guy when in fact they started by threatening Bernie on CNN live the night he won Wisconsin, watch this video. M$M will not say that. They want to bash on this man Bernie . Please watch share and make up your own mind. If you dont think I am right, share it with all your friends and lets see what they think? U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders vs ‪#‎NervousHillary‬ Now CNN is manufacturing the news and smear."

This is total Bull Shit. This is a smear and threat to Bernie and if you think he or his supporters will stand for her crap again (like in 2008) you Hillary supporters have another thing coming. It's not right and it's not fair and it's not democratic what they are doing. She is to blame for the crap that is being thrown at Bernie Sanders.

Reply to this post

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:30 PM

2. Spin, spin, spin!

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:31 PM

3. Yes, he actually did; words have context and meaning beyond the literal words themselves

Let's try an example;

Maybe the Democratic Underground users might wonder at Elmer S. E. Dump's ability to interpret meaning and context beyond the literal words spoken

Now, did I say that you are unable to understand context, or did simply ask the DU if you were?

Reply to this post

Response to Tarc (Reply #3)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:33 PM

6. You just explained what Hillary has been doing to Bernie now for months. Bravo!

Reply to this post

Response to bkkyosemite (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:40 PM

13. That's fine because I have no problem at all with Hillary doing it

Or Bernie for that matter. What I object to is Bernie's supporters lying about it.

Reply to this post

Response to Tarc (Reply #3)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 02:53 PM

21. You wondered whether the DUers wonder at my ability to interpret meaning and context beyond the

literal words spoken.

But you didn't say that I am unable to understand context.

You just proved MY point.

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #21)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 03:37 PM

24. WHOOSH

Reply to this post

Response to Tarc (Reply #24)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 03:59 PM

27. Was that the sound of solid logic flying over your head at high speed?

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:32 PM

5. So this didn't happen?

What you are quoting is his response to the initial backlash to the video I linked.
In it he says "I don't believe you are qualified if..." after which he goes on to list the reasons why Clinton was unqualified.

Reply to this post

Response to SaschaHM (Reply #5)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 02:56 PM

22. I agree with him. She should be disqualified fo many reasons.

Reply to this post

8. Bernie speaking at Temple U

“She has been saying lately that she thinks that I am quote unquote not qualified to be president,” the Vermont senator told a 10,000-strong crowd at Temple University in Philadelphia. "I don't believe that she is qualified if she is, through her super PAC, taking tens of millions of dollars in special-interest funds.”

Reply to this post

Response to mainstreetonce (Reply #8)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:56 PM

17. Are you going to pretend Hillary didn't effectively say Bernie was unqualified?

In 2 different interviews, the day after her campaign strategist said their strategy would be to disqualify Sanders? She was asked if Bernie was qualified to be President and would only say that was up for other people to decide. So that is her way of saying no without saying no, at least to those of us who speak normal English.

Or is that one of those "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is Clinton things?

Of course, Hillary and Bill both refused to say Obama was qualified to be President during 2008. Bill wouldn't say it even after Obama was the nominee.

Reply to this post

9. "I don't believe that she is qualified." Bernie Sanders

Your attempt at deception isn't going to work.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:35 PM

10. Everyone knows the words that he said

Stop being ridiculous. It makes no sense to try and deny would he clearly said.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:37 PM

11. k and rec

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:39 PM

12. Who are we going to believe, Bernie supporters or our own lying eyes and ears? nt

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:42 PM

14. Seriously? Do you think that we are hard of hearing or can't read transcripts?

"I don't believe that she is qualified if she is, through her super PAC, taking tens of millions of dollars in special-interest funds.” Then he recited a laundry list of reasons why in his opinion she's not qualified for the job.

As far as I'm concerned, he crossed the line. The WH already stated their opinion on the matter, as did some other Democrats in office. Sanders must have forgotten that elected Democrats feel zero loyalty to someone who only joined the party out of self interest when he decided to run for president.

Reply to this post

Response to Beacool (Reply #14)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 02:57 PM

23. Hillary crossed the line first - where is your outrage?

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #23)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 03:38 PM

25. Because she didn't.

She was goaded by Joe S. repeatedly to say that Sanders was unqualified, but she didn't fall for it. Sanders, according to what he said at his rally in PA, assumed that she had said it based on an erroneous WAPO headline. That earned him three Pinocchios by their own fact checkers.

Reply to this post

Response to Beacool (Reply #25)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 04:00 PM

28. WAPO is now a right wing rag.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:43 PM

15. This is what gets to me

That you with a broad brush call Hilary supporters liars. It is like you and bernie supporters are pure and superior and righteous.

Many of us marched on Washington in '69 to protest the war.We had to wait until we were 21 to vote and our first vote was for McGovern.
We have been long term democrats and we saw our asses being kicked for many years.

My posts call into question Bernie himself. I find him intellectually lazy. He did nothing for 17 years after graduation and couldn't even hold a job. He had his electricity turned off a number of times and he used long extension cords to get electricity. That is pathetic.

He is woefully unprepared to discuss his main topics in depth. This has been a pattern for his entire life. He is an old SDS guy who hasn't grown in years. he bitches but when he is asked how he would solve big banks he is clueless.

Instead of slamming us take a real look at your candidate and all his accomplishments.

Reply to this post

Response to wilt the stilt (Reply #15)

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 03:43 PM

26. That's one thing that really ticks me off, their self righteous and smug behavior.

Their candidate is the only pure one. They are the true progressives, some even said that we are not real Democrats. Who the hell died and left them to decide who does and who doesn't pass the Democratic smell test? To all of them I wish a long walk on a short pier.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:56 PM

18. Yes he did. nt.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 8, 2016, 12:58 PM

19. I heard the sun is not a star this morning

It must be true, I read it on the internet.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread