HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » After lawsuit announcemen...

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 05:35 PM

After lawsuit announcement, USWNT receives support from Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton

"Five members of the U.S. women's soccer team filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Soccer Federation for wage discrimination Thursday morning. In the filing, the players allege they are paid almost four times less than the men's team despite generating almost $20 million more in revenue in 2015.

As you may imagine -- or have seen if you've spent any time on social media -- the lawsuit has garnered attention worldwide and support from fellow athletes, fans and celebrities alike. However, two such celebrities might stand out slightly from the rest: Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton."

http://espn.go.com/espnw/culture/the-buzz/article/15106188/after-lawsuit-announcement-uswnt-gets-support-bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton

I hope this lawsuit is successful!

2 replies, 771 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply After lawsuit announcement, USWNT receives support from Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton (Original post)
NWCorona Mar 2016 OP
beam me up scottie Mar 2016 #1
WhaTHellsgoingonhere Mar 2016 #2

Response to NWCorona (Original post)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 05:50 PM

1. Finally! Something both sides can agree on. Mass hysteria!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NWCorona (Original post)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 06:11 PM

2. Interesting, I had no idea. After retiring, Abby Wambach trashed the men for

not fielding a team with home grown talent. Perhaps what she left out was that the men's team is spending a lot of money to purchase talent from abroad.

I'm a huge soccer fan, but for male athletes, it's not a top tier sport here like it is in other countries. By contrast, international soccer (not club) is probably *the* premiere sport for American women.

They should win easy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread