HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Are we ready?

Sun Sep 23, 2012, 12:32 PM

Are we ready?

I don't think the Republicans particularly care about what happens in the debates.

I don't think they care if the fact-checkers catch them in one lie after another, time and time again.

Why?

Because Romney learned how to win in the primaries by "carpet-bombing" his opponents with negative ads 24/7 in the final week(s) of before the election.

Get ready..it's coming

Are we prepared? How are we going to fight back?

2 replies, 1003 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Are we ready? (Original post)
ewagner Sep 2012 OP
HopeHoops Sep 2012 #1
broiles Sep 2012 #2

Response to ewagner (Original post)

Sun Sep 23, 2012, 01:17 PM

1. "There you go again." - Read on...

I was a few months short of voting in 1980, but I watched the debates and knew the issues and expected a front page article on Reagan's lies. The Washington Post had a four paragraph article on page A-10 that, in the last paragraph, stated "Reagan made a minor mistake in his rebuttal". If I wasn't going to become a Democrat before that, it solidified my choice.

One of my best friends (1978) and the best man at my wedding helped create the computer map they used in 1980. He regrets that now. It set in a sense of apathy west of EST and Democrats stayed home. The drive to be the "first to predict" is detrimental to our election process.

Besides, we can't know what the results are anymore. The Diebold/PES/SG&G machines determine everything. There's no such thing as a recount anymore.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ewagner (Original post)

Sun Sep 23, 2012, 04:12 PM

2. Vote as early as we can.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread