HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Race & Ethnicity » Asian Group (Group) » Does anyone remember Wang...

Fri May 19, 2017, 07:51 PM

Does anyone remember Wang Yue? (not for faint of heart)

This story still sticks with me because it was just so avoidable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Wang_Yue

Wang Yue (Chinese: 王悦; pinyin: Wng Yu), also known as "Little Yue Yue" (Chinese: 小悅悅, was a two-year-old Chinese girl who was run over by two vehicles on the afternoon of 13 October 2011 in a narrow road in Foshan, Guangdong. As she lay bleeding on the road for more than seven minutes, at least 18 passers-by skirted around her body, ignoring her. She was eventually helped by a female rubbish scavenger and sent to a hospital for treatment, but succumbed to her injuries and died eight days later. The closed-circuit television recording of the incident was uploaded onto the Internet, and quickly stirred widespread reaction in China and overseas. Many commentators saw this as indicative of a growing apathy in contemporary Chinese society.

*warning! it's hard to watch, even harder to watch nobody do a thing to help her.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlu9ov_chinese-toddler-wang-yue-tragic-death_news

2 replies, 1823 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Does anyone remember Wang Yue? (not for faint of heart) (Original post)
JuJuYoshida Friday OP
mahina Friday #1
rpannier Friday #2

Response to JuJuYoshida (Original post)

Fri May 19, 2017, 07:55 PM

1. Oh my God

I can't watch the video. Just the description sent me into a spin.

Love to her spirit. Forgiveness for our species.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JuJuYoshida (Original post)

Fri May 19, 2017, 09:11 PM

2. I do because it was around the time when a spate of incidents happened

The Yao Xian case was the one I remember most. He hit a bicycist then stabbed her to death. (edited because I couldn't remember his name. Had to look it up)
2008 Zhao Xiao Cheng who hit a 64 year old woman and then back up over her again
The BMW ran over a little girl, backed up over her and then hit her a third time
The rich guy in Xinyi who ran over the boy a couple of times backing out of a parking space

There have been a lot of these stories.
The way Chinese law works, financially you're better off killing someone, then injuring them

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread