HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Science » Science (Group) » World's first AI news anc...

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 07:53 PM

World's first AI news anchor makes "his" China debut

Source: Xinhua| 2018-11-08 13:31:48|Editor: ZD

HANGZHOU, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- The world's first artificial intelligence (AI) news anchor made "his" debut at the ongoing fifth World Internet Conference in east China's Zhejiang Province.

The news anchor, based on the latest AI technology, has a male image with a voice, facial expressions and actions of a real person. "He" learns from live broadcasting videos by himself and can read texts as naturally as a professional news anchor.

The AI news anchor was jointly developed by Xinhua News Agency, the official state-run media outlet of China, and Chinese search engine company Sogou.com.

According to Xinhua, "he" has become a member of its reporting team and can work 24 hours a day on its official website and various social media platforms, reducing news production costs and improving efficiency.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-11/08/c_137591813.htm

OMG. Please do look at the video clip. I can't believe my eyes. If you think of something to say about it, please comment. I am very eager to hear your thoughts. Judi Lynn

3 replies, 179 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply World's first AI news anchor makes "his" China debut (Original post)
Judi Lynn Thursday OP
nycbos Thursday #1
California_Republic Thursday #2
Beakybird Thursday #3

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 07:54 PM

1. And I for one welcome our new computer overlords.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 07:58 PM

2. I saw An article the other day

That now technology is getting so good that they can pretty much make up fake video of anything

And Iím not sure how news outlets will handle that in the future. Someone can bring them a fake video and destroy someoneís career. It will be nearly impossible to know if itís fake or not

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 08:09 PM

3. I think Rachel Maddow is a little bit more personable.

What do others think?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread