HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Seekers on Unique Paths (Group) » Consider the Ojibwa 7th F...

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 05:51 PM

Consider the Ojibwa 7th Fire Prophecy

The Ojibwa Seventh-fire Prophecy states: "Look for an island shaped like a turtle that will be an instrument in the purification of the earth."
30 years ago such a prophecy might not have meant so much to us, but with the global warming crisis of today... doesn't it make you want to look? Now google maps Easter Island...
Why Easter Island? This answer to this question was confirmed to me when an Ojibwa woman shared with me the conviction of her Ojibwa Grandfather, that Easter Island is the turtle shaped island they were to look for and its stone monuments and undeciphered writing tablets can re-teach and motivate us to live in harmony with the earth again. For a link to a novel based on the first time decipherment of the Easter Island tablets, come and see:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/127636924/Finding-Turtle-Island

1 replies, 1630 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Consider the Ojibwa 7th Fire Prophecy (Original post)
Anonymousecoview Apr 2013 OP
Al Carroll Jul 2014 #1

Response to Anonymousecoview (Original post)

Fri Jul 18, 2014, 04:52 PM

1. That's pretty far off

Turtle Island is a common name for the earth by a lot of the northeast tribes, including the Ojibwe. This one person's belief would be unusual.

The Ojibwe I've talked to about the 7th Fire say it means "don't trust white people." The prophecy talks about people from a far off land who are greedy and deceptive, but pretend to be good. (The prophecy dates back from the days before the first Europeans came.) Only if they show by their actions to be good should they be trusted.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread