HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Suspect charged in fire t...

Wed Apr 29, 2020, 11:26 AM

Suspect charged in fire that destroyed Missouri mosque

From the article:

Police in Missouri have arrested a suspect with a history of mosque vandalism in connection with a fire that heavily damaged a southeastern Missouri Islamic center last week at the start of Ramadan.
Nicholas Proffitt, a 42-year-old resident of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, was arrested Monday night (April 27). He is accused of setting a fire at the Islamic Center of Cape Girardeau early Friday, the day most Muslims celebrated as the first day of Ramadan....

If convicted, Proffitt, who is being held without bond, could face a maximum of 37 years behind bars. He faces felony charges of burglary, arson and property damage, with a hate crime enhancement in the charges, according to law enforcement.

To read more:

https://religionnews.com/2020/04/28/suspect-charged-in-fire-that-destroyed-missouri-mosque/

2 replies, 433 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Suspect charged in fire that destroyed Missouri mosque (Original post)
guillaumeb Apr 29 OP
SWBTATTReg Apr 29 #1
guillaumeb Apr 29 #2

Response to guillaumeb (Original post)

Wed Apr 29, 2020, 11:46 AM

1. Hope he gets his ass (pardon language) nailed to the wall. Being a MO citizen, I'm embarrassed.

My best wishes of course to the Islamic Center.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SWBTATTReg (Reply #1)

Wed Apr 29, 2020, 12:13 PM

2. He has a history of anti-Muslim violence.

Yes, he needs treatment, in jail.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread