HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Pope Francis Voices Suppo...

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 12:09 PM

Pope Francis Voices Supports for Mexican Marchers in Anti-Gay Marriage Rally

After having remained quiet while Italy debated civil unions for same-sex couples in May, on Sunday Pope Francis expressed support for the Mexican bishops in their efforts to support the “family and life” amid a burgeoning national debate over gay marriage.
“I join willingly the Bishops of Mexico in supporting the efforts of the Church and civil society in favor of the family and of life, which at this time require special pastoral and cultural attention worldwide,” Francis said after the weekly Angelus prayer.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/09/26/pope-francis-voices-supports-for-mexican-marchers-in-anti-gay-marriage-rally/

This should put the final nail in the coffin of any discussion about where the Pope stands. (although I seem to have a constantly replenishing supply of final nails, like Jesus, the Pope's bigotry keeps rising from the grave).

5 replies, 1029 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pope Francis Voices Supports for Mexican Marchers in Anti-Gay Marriage Rally (Original post)
Lordquinton Sep 2016 OP
trotsky Sep 2016 #1
Lordquinton Sep 2016 #2
Cartoonist Sep 2016 #3
cleanhippie Sep 2016 #4
Bradical79 Sep 2016 #5

Response to Lordquinton (Original post)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 01:05 PM

1. Can we talk about how he drives a Fiat instead? n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to trotsky (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 01:09 PM

2. Fiat Strikes Again: Another Sexist Commercial

Or is Fiat trying to suggest that women are hysterical and overreact for no reason, and they're lucky we put up with their crap? I'm starting to doubt that anyone involved in making this clip even has a wife. Or ever will, for that matter.

The thing is Fiat is on a bit of a roll here after the scandal in Argentina where a booklet that came with the company's new 124 Spider convertible made some insulting comments towards women, which prompted a reaction from various feminist organizations. This clip only comes to confirm that it wasn't an accident.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-strikes-again-another-sexist-commercial-this-time-for-the-fiat-500s-108438.html

Sounds like a perfect fit.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 03:36 PM

3. Who am I to judge?

Sounds like he buried that phrase.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 07:13 PM

4. Of course he does. That's what the RCC stands for.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 11:23 PM

5. It's a fundamentally bigoted organization

Progressives thinking Pope Francis will lead them to a new progressive era of full respect for human rights are living in fantasy land. Take what you can get from them, but they're always going to be fighting against progress in some area. It's good to keep expectations low with an organization that has well over 1000 years of violence and hatred in its history.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread