HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Football (Group) » Redskins fire head coach ...

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 06:34 AM

Redskins fire head coach Jay Gruden after 0-5 start

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001063290/article/redskins-fire-head-coach-jay-gruden-after-05-start

Published: Oct. 7, 2019 at 05:54 a.m. Updated: Oct. 7, 2019 at 07:13 a.m.

Redskins fire head coach Jay Gruden after 0-5 start

Grant Gordon

NFL.com

With a quintet of losses to begin the season and the hopeful future franchise quarterback still without a start, Jay Gruden's tenure leading the Washington Redskins came to its conclusion on Monday.

Following a 33-7 loss to the Patriots, Gruden was fired, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The team later confirmed the report and issued the following statement:

"Through the first five games of the 2019 season, the team has clearly not performed up to expectations, and we all share in that responsibility. Moving forward we are committed to doing all that we can collectively as an organization to turn things around and give our Redskins fans and alumni a team they can be proud of in 2019 and beyond."

The dismissal comes five weeks into Gruden's sixth season helming the Redskins, having tallied an underwhelming 35-49-1 record with just one playoff appearance.
(snip)

4 replies, 318 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Redskins fire head coach Jay Gruden after 0-5 start (Original post)
nitpicker Oct 7 OP
philf99 Oct 7 #1
exboyfil Oct 7 #2
Botany Oct 7 #3
KG Oct 9 #4

Response to nitpicker (Original post)

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 06:47 AM

1. Redskins are a dumpster fire

So now that they have fired the coach it's time to see what they have in Haskins and whether they will be looking for another quarterback in the draft

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 07:08 AM

2. I don't know why they continue

to hold on to the Left Tackle Trent Williams that doesn't want to play for them. Eat most of his salary but get some juicy trade compensation in the form of a 1st round and 3rd round draft pick. Teams like the Vikings might be that desperate.

Reply to this post

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 07:10 AM

3. If they don't get him killed Haskins is going to be a very good NFL QB but I still don't ....

.... believe in 2019 we still have an NFL team called the Redskins.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 06:14 PM

4. i guess I'm gonna get a taste of what's it's like to be a Browns fan for awhile.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread