HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Football (Group) » Football question regardi...

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 09:28 PM

Football question regarding Kaepernick:

Does anyone know whether Kap is still hoping/ working toward playing ball again?

Apart from his status as a leader for social justice, dude is a hell of a dangerous quarterback. He torched my Packers bigtime a few times, and I have to believe he's still probably better than half of the guys currently starting in the NFL. I know he's got to be in the right system to take advantage of his running/ read-option abilities and mobility both inside and outside the pocket, but there MUST be a place for a guy this good. I mean, that is, if the owners aren't colluding...

7 replies, 313 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Still In Wisconsin (Original post)

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 09:32 PM

1. I just saw something today that he's talking with the Pats and one other team...

Can't remember who and can't put my hands on the article at this moment. Edit - Raiders.

Have a bit of an inside view of Nike at times and the word out there is that he's physically as sharp and in shape as ever. I'm sure there are things about being a NFL QB that atrophy over time without use and he'll have to sharpen those skills but physically, sounds like he's ready to go.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 09:33 PM

2. I've heard he works out and is in top physical form and ready to play.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 09:48 PM

3. If Blaine Gabbert has a QB job (he does), there's no absolutely no football reason why Kap shouldn't

Not just Gabbert, of course. RGIII also. There's a whole list of such people one could name.

Whether or not it is overt collusion (it might be "only" group-think), it is a non-football decision.

I think there's a decent argument to be made that if he's your starting QB, you should be looking for a better starting QB. But many if not most teams would upgrade their back-up QB spot by signing him.

Reply to this post

Response to RockRaven (Reply #3)

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 10:02 PM

4. "But many if not most teams would upgrade their back-up QB spot by signing him."

The Green Bay Packers backup quarterback is DeShone Kizer. Nothing against Kizer personally, but...

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 10:25 PM

5. Just heard today that the Raiders and Pats maybe interested.

Last edited Fri Sep 21, 2018, 09:45 AM - Edit history (1)

Seems now that the Nike ad was such a success and Harvard will honor him during Black History month, Kap is suddenly signable by the NFL.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 20, 2018, 11:09 PM

6. I selfishly hope the Pat's take him

Brady is a God, but an OLD God...That said I gotta believe that Belichick can both afford and design an offensive scheme for him. He's done an awful lot with less talent.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 21, 2018, 08:02 AM

7. He had a chance to workout with the Seahawks this offseason

But he wouldn't commit to not kneeling.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread