HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Bicycling (Group) » Update on Maxxis Padrone ...

Mon May 29, 2017, 01:26 PM

Update on Maxxis Padrone TR tires

13 days ago I posted about these tubeless tires. I wasn't particularly impressed. That changed on the 4th ride. The weather was calm and softly raining. I thought it would be a good test of these tires in the wet. It hadn't rained enough to was the roads clean. 1st they held to the road like I was on rails, 2nd I was so confident that I turned in my personal best for that course, regardless of the conditions.

I've got 200 miles on these tires now and am fully sold. I have lower the PSI from 118 slowly to 90 PSI. They feel really good at the lower pressure and I'm not detecting a real increase in rolling resistance. Without test gear that is not verifiable. The only downside I can see to these tires is the price. If they wear as good as some reviews suggest I will be happy to buy them again.

1 replies, 2094 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Update on Maxxis Padrone TR tires (Original post)
TexasProgresive May 2017 OP
SonofDonald May 2017 #1

Response to TexasProgresive (Original post)

Mon May 29, 2017, 03:57 PM

1. I agree on Maxxis Tires

I restore and build custom and rare BMX bikes, I use Maxxis Holy Roller and Hookworm tires in a lot of my builds that are run on the street.

Great tires for the price and designs that are well thought out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread