HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Bicycling (Group) » Get on your bike and RIDE...

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 08:20 PM

Get on your bike and RIDE!

So, I've done enough sitting around and moping for now.

Tomorrow, I am breaking out the cool weather gear, pointing the handlebars down the road, and going as far as my legs will take me.

2 replies, 1034 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Get on your bike and RIDE! (Original post)
jberryhill Nov 2016 OP
TexasProgresive Nov 2016 #1
jberryhill Nov 2016 #2

Response to jberryhill (Original post)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 08:29 PM

1. That's the ticket, jberryhill!

When I woke up to the news on the 9th confirming what I thought was happening the evening of the 8th I was in shock. I went through the motions of getting my bike out and airing the tires for a ride. WOW was that the best therapy evah! It didn't change the bad news that was tearing my heart out, but somehow riding hard lets my brain shift into a different mode. I really can't explain it but it works for me. I believe you will be better for it.

Tomorrow I am doing a group ride that goes out south with a turn around back to the north. Facing the 11 to 15 MPH wind from the north will definitely wash any bad thoughts (really any thoughts) out of my head.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasProgresive (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 08:31 PM

2. I'm also nearly done cleaning out my closet

In the last two weeks, I've been kind of surprised at how many things around the house are in need of doing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread