HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Bicycling (Group) » How was your ride this we...

Sat Jun 9, 2018, 06:38 PM

 

How was your ride this weekend


I watch stuff like the Dauphine and think if I has somewhere that beautiful to ride, Id be out there every day. But then I get on my bike and find a lot of beautiful places.

6 replies, 999 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply How was your ride this weekend (Original post)
jberryhill Jun 2018 OP
Sanity Claws Jun 2018 #1
jberryhill Jun 2018 #2
doc03 Jun 2018 #3
jberryhill Jun 2018 #4
doc03 Jun 2018 #5
jberryhill Jun 2018 #6

Response to jberryhill (Original post)

Sat Jun 9, 2018, 06:53 PM

1. My first day out this year.

I have to get back into condition. Those hills were tough!
I love the feel of freedom that the bicycle gives me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Sanity Claws (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 9, 2018, 06:56 PM

2. Yeah...

 

Spring was a bear this year.

The hills are a lot more fun on the way down. But theres something about grinding your way up, cursing the day you were born, and suddenly its like Yep, this is what Im here for.

Did you ever notice that the first time you go up a hill you havent gone up before, its really hard, but after a few more times it feels better just to know in advance that you can get up that sucker.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to jberryhill (Original post)

Sat Jun 9, 2018, 07:49 PM

3. Our group (20) are going to attempt to tour downtown Pittsburgh tomarrow if

the chance of rain isn't too great. It's not looking good 70% but it was 60% today and it hasn't rained yet.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to doc03 (Reply #3)

Sat Jun 9, 2018, 10:00 PM

4. They keep saying that in Philly too

 


Riding in the rain just makes you appreciate not riding in the rain more.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to jberryhill (Reply #4)

Sun Jun 10, 2018, 04:33 PM

5. We cancelled our trip and it turns out to be a beutiful day. The weaterman

wasn't wrong we had a 29% chance of no rain and a 71% chance of rain. I wish I was paid to be
wrong every day.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to doc03 (Reply #5)

Sun Jun 10, 2018, 05:28 PM

6. I caught the start of the rain on my last climb today....

 

Last edited Mon Jun 11, 2018, 05:05 AM - Edit history (1)

...and frankly, it felt great. Sometimes catching some rain on a ride is better than being broiled alive. I went from Cape May to Pennsville last summer one day when I swear the gates of Hell had been unleashed on earth.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread