HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » True Crime (Group) » Trump Administration Felo...

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 03:58 AM

Trump Administration Felonies

I think we should have a forum just to record and keep track of Trump Administration felonies- so that we don’t forget them as they happen. I’ll start-

3 replies, 476 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Administration Felonies (Original post)
James48 Sep 15 OP
James48 Sep 15 #1
Karadeniz Sep 15 #2
James48 Tuesday #3

Response to James48 (Original post)

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 04:03 AM

1. 18 USC 201

Last week Trump tweeted that If Federal Employees, who are now getting Social Security payroll taxes suspended from their paychecks- if they want that money forgiven, they have to vote for him for re-election.

That’s an attempt to bribe a federal officer. That’s a 15-year felony, plus a fine of 3 times the amount offered in the bribe. Any law-abiding Attorney General would prosecute that. Barr won’t. But it should be on the record for prosecution when Trump leaves office.

From https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/2020/09/omb-fails-offer-new-info-payroll-tax-deferral-memo/168458/

“ When we win I, as your President, will totally forgive ALL deferred payroll taxes with money from the General Fund,” he wrote. “Sleepy Joe Biden will do the opposite, he will raise your taxes and DESTROY our Country!”- Donald J Trump, Sept 10, 2020.

In a statement Friday, Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va., who is among a group of lawmakers pushing for the administration to make the tax deferral optional, accused Trump of trying to “bribe” federal workers.

“The president’s mandatory payroll tax deferrals shows disrespect for America’s military and civil service, and Trump is making it clear that this is intended as a form of political blackmail,” Beyer said. “Trump’s openly corrupt message is, ‘Vote for me and I will pay you, otherwise your paychecks will decrease in January.’ This is corruption as public policy, and both the Constitution and the law make it clear that Trump cannot do what he says.”

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 10:26 AM

2. Thanks...I hadn't noticed that one.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 22, 2020, 05:05 PM

3. 18 USC Sec. 595

§595. Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Governments
(Multiple counts)

Viewpoint: We Need an Investigation of Hatch Act Crimes at the Republican National Convention

It is not enough for the Office of Special Counsel to investigate civil violations of the law.

KATHLEEN CLARK | SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 08:00 AM ET
HATCH ACT
2020 ELECTION
Http://govexec.com

While it is normal for speakers at a party’s national convention to advocate for their presidential candidate, it was unprecedented when federal officials invoked official authority in their partisan political advocacy at the Republican National Convention last month. By doing so, these officials violated the federal Hatch Act. As members of Congress and others have urged, the Office of Special Counsel, the agency that enforces the civil Hatch Act, has opened an investigation.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows scoffed at these allegations, arguing that, “Nobody outside of the Beltway really cares” about the Hatch Act. It would have been more accurate if Meadows had said, “Nobody inside the Trump White House really cares” about the law. More than a dozen senior administration officials have violated the Hatch Act, and some aides reportedly take pride in violating it. Last year, despite the Special Counsel’s plea that failure to punish would “send a message” that federal employees need not abide by the law, President Trump refused to punish an aide who committed repeated violations.

It is not enough for the Office of Special Counsel to investigate civil violations of the Hatch Act, particularly in light of President Trump’s defiance of that office’s past findings. The Hatch Act also has criminal provisions. While its civil provisions exempt the President and Vice President, the criminal provisions have no such exemption. The Justice Department needs to investigate the criminal violations that took place at the RNC.

More:
https://www.govexec.com/oversight/2020/09/viewpoint-we-need-investigation-hatch-act-crimes-republican-national-convention/168662/

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread