HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » True Crime (Group) » Any of you have any theor...

Sun Dec 22, 2019, 01:49 PM

Any of you have any theories about the Springfield Three?

One of my favorite unsolved cases.

2 replies, 300 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Any of you have any theories about the Springfield Three? (Original post)
raccoon Dec 22 OP
marble falls Dec 22 #1
raccoon Dec 22 #2

Response to raccoon (Original post)

Sun Dec 22, 2019, 02:05 PM

1. Whats your inside scoop?

From wilipedia.

"In 2007, crime reporter Kathee Baird invited Rick Norland, a mechanical engineer, to scan a corner of the parking garage with ground-penetrating radar (GPR). Norland found three anomalies "roughly the same size" that he said were consistent with a "grave site location"; two of the anomalies were parallel, and the other was perpendicular.[6] Police spokesperson Lisa Cox said that the person who reported the tip "provided no evidence or logical reasoning behind this theory at that time or since then." She also said the parking garage began construction in September 1993, over a year after the disappearances. "Digging up the area and subsequently reconstructing this structure would be extremely costly, and without any reasonable belief that the bodies could be located here, it is illogical to do so, and for those reasons SPD does not intend to. Investigators have determined this lead to not be credible."[11] Darrell Moore, a former assistant at the Greene County Prosecutor's Office, said the tip came from someone who either "claimed to be a psychic or claimed to have a dream or vision about the case".[10]"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to raccoon (Original post)

Sun Dec 22, 2019, 02:29 PM

2. Don't have one. One theory I've heard is they were taken

Away in a police car.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread