HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Reading & Writing » Comic Books (Group) » This Godless Communism (T...

Wed Apr 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

This Godless Communism (Treasure Chest Comics)

So I was just scrolling through my ComicBookRealm website seeing what might have gone up in value and I noticed a huge amount under profit. Checked to see that it was my Treasure Chest comics for the This Godless Communism run.

I had these on a back burner to try and get when I had the choice but wasn't actively seeking them out. (For the record, it is Volume 17 of Treasure Chest issues 2-20 evens only--so 10 comic books.) I went into my LCBS one day and they have them up behind the counter for sale as a set. All 10 for $60. I knew from just mild interest that some of them had been going for that for a single issue on eBay. So it took me about less than a second to pull the trigger on them.

Fast forward a few years and now the whole bunch (I graded them about a 6.0, so I'm talking that price not for mint) is worth $1,000. That's a nice profit. Especially for something I bought just because I thought they were a hilarious throw back to the red scare shit of my youth.

5 replies, 1114 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply This Godless Communism (Treasure Chest Comics) (Original post)
Cuthbert Allgood Apr 2019 OP
Cuthbert Allgood Apr 2019 #1
SWBTATTReg Apr 2019 #2
Cuthbert Allgood Apr 2019 #3
SWBTATTReg Apr 2019 #4
Cuthbert Allgood Apr 2019 #5

Response to Cuthbert Allgood (Original post)

Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:15 PM

1. You can read the atheism parts at this link

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Cuthbert Allgood (Original post)

Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:30 PM

2. Sure looks awful familiar to me...perhaps I have some copies stashed away somewhere...nt

Reply to this post

Response to SWBTATTReg (Reply #2)

Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:32 PM

3. At the value they have now

I might actually get these graded and protected. Worth looking for. They are pretty unassuming--don't have the panache of a first appearance Black Panther (which is my next big purchase since we were "born" in the same month and year).

Reply to this post

Response to Cuthbert Allgood (Reply #3)

Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:34 PM

4. Getting them graded and protected is a good thing. I did this quite a bit w/ my issues...nt

Reply to this post

Response to SWBTATTReg (Reply #4)

Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:36 PM

5. I don't do it to a lot of books, but when they get up there I do.

And these are at that point.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread