HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Race & Ethnicity » Race & Ethnicity (Group) » DeSoto principal's e-mail...

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 12:31 AM

DeSoto principal's e-mail brings calls of racism

DeSOTO An e-mail sent by a DeSoto, (Texas) middle school principal has stirred up concerns and calls for an investigation by the district.

The e-mail was sent March 8 from DeSoto West Middle School Principal Kevin Dixon to his staff.

It mentions Assistant Principal Audrey Barnes leading "everyone in a 'Westside' River Dance to celebrate the beginning of Spring Break."

Dixon, who is white, added a link to a YouTube page that shows five computer-generated monkeys dancing.

More at http://www.wfaa.com/news/education/Desoto-principals-email-brings-calls-of-racism-142410875.html

1 replies, 2196 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply DeSoto principal's e-mail brings calls of racism (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 2012 OP
Loudmxr Mar 2012 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 01:00 AM

1. I thought that maybe it was just bigoted.. But NO!!

The Irish, once depicted as monkeys, dance a River dance.

Ya racist bastard!! We Irish dance a River dance like no one else and no royalist will ever diss us!!

Yeah I know he was referring to black people but he could have been referring to the Irish too. Ask an ignorant Brit.

BTW my Mommy taught me how to dance like that. A true hero of fighting for the civil rights of the poor and the seniors.

Hi Mommy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread