HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Veterans (Group) » June 8, 1967,

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 01:38 PM

June 8, 1967,

on this day, forces of Israeli military killed 34 men in my husband's unit. He was not on the ship, but he was a Russian translator in the Army Security Agency working for the National Security Agency as were the men aboard the USS Liberty. It did not matter what branch of the service you were in, you all worked for the NSA and even trained together at NSA headquarters. What made it even worse for my husband is that it was his birthday and he is Jewish. That, and he said, that documents he had read at NSA proved that it was a premeditated act. He would never tell me why but I wonder why after all these years his military records are still flagged, last checked January 6, 2020. He showed me the document that flagged his records starting October 4, 1964. The only records of his that he has is his DD-214 and his medical records. He is 100% service-connected disabled.

1 replies, 589 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply June 8, 1967, (Original post)
marie999 Jun 8 OP
DashOneBravo Jun 11 #1

Response to marie999 (Original post)

Thu Jun 11, 2020, 12:43 PM

1. Not forgotten