HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Veterans (Group) » Reading my old mans diary...

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 12:21 PM

Reading my old mans diary Vietnam

What makes me think as former airborne infantry vet 82nd 325th total peace time I served . So I’m reading my father and they have Lp compromised so these brothers 503rd have go and rescue a listening post. NVA found them these 173rd men were in tight spot. Reading my fathers notes diary I get it.

Our people are in tight spot we have to move react. Sad what I read NVA 12.7 machine gun American soldiers listening post I really look at my old man differently he passed 19 years ago total fear moving to soviet 12.7 51 cal to rescue your people I couldn’t imagine.

2 replies, 725 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Reading my old mans diary Vietnam (Original post)
TEB Jan 2020 OP
democrank Jan 2020 #1
TEB Jan 2020 #2

Response to TEB (Original post)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 01:23 PM

1. Thanks for this, TEB.

“Tight spot” is echoed in so many of the Vietnam War stories my sweetheart and I heard at the VA. Those stories were all different and all similar at the same time. Boys to men in a nanosecond, in most cases.

Your Dad’s Vietnam diary might be tough to get through, but it’s a part of him that might help you as you raise up your wonderful boys.

Take good care, TEB. You’re frequently in my thoughts.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to democrank (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 01:31 PM

2. Those men were the finest

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread