HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Veterans (Group) » Hey vets

Mon Jul 17, 2017, 05:52 AM

Hey vets

Need prayers for friend James he is patient at nursing home my mother is in. Need prayers over James medical concerns , James is tropical lightning trooper 25th ID Vietnam. I have known him now maybe a year and half fine gentleman, he makes me smile he showed for chili I made for my mother and her roommates and I plan for it the six p's from infantry, as I make a huge batch chili and cornbread. James showed up for chow in his tropical lighting ball cap and t shirt. Talking to James he filled me in he is in a fight now he still gets around, but prayers are needed,we were gonna play parcheesi but ended up playing spades he was my partner. What does that say about me when my own mother picks her roommate as her partner in spades instead of her kid , does not look good.

2 replies, 687 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hey vets (Original post)
TEB Monday OP
niyad Monday #1
Victor_c3 Monday #2

Response to TEB (Original post)

Mon Jul 17, 2017, 11:35 AM

1. prayers and good thoughts for james. you are doing wonderful, loving work.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TEB (Original post)

Mon Jul 17, 2017, 01:46 PM

2. I think playing spades is one of the most important things I learned from the army

Being able to play spades comes in handy all the time for me. Admittedly, it's mostly with other veterans that this is handy with but it's a good way to meet and make friends.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread