HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » National Security & Defense (Group) » China's third aircraft ca...

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 01:02 PM

China's third aircraft carrier takes shape, with ambitions to challenge U.S. naval dominance

China’s third aircraft carrier takes shape, with ambitions to challenge U.S. naval dominance
The new vessel could be launched later this year and could be combat-ready by 2023.
By Gerry Shih

4 replies, 752 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply China's third aircraft carrier takes shape, with ambitions to challenge U.S. naval dominance (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Sep 16 OP
brewens Sep 16 #1
mahatmakanejeeves Sep 16 #2
brewens Sep 16 #3
mahatmakanejeeves Sep 16 #4

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 01:12 PM

1. Kicking our ass with our money. If I were advising them, I'd say go balls out around

the world being the good guy. They are already doing some of that. Plus do everything possible to raise their peoples standard of living. They will need to make them the kind of consumer market we have been.

They have everything they need to be the dominant world power now. I can see them taking over a lot of the military and food aid we supply or used to. Nothing ever said that was ours to keep forever.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brewens (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 01:14 PM

2. China is behind a lot of civil engineering projects in Africa. NT

Reply to this post

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 01:22 PM

3. That's what I had in mind. Expect more if they have any sense. They can well afford it, courtesy of

us.

Reply to this post

Response to brewens (Reply #3)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 01:38 PM

4. It's not Bechtel building those dams. It's ... I don't know; the Chinese equivalent of Bechtel.

Railroads too, apparently with varying degrees of success.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread