HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » Husband of LA County DA p...

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 01:54 PM

Husband of LA County DA pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters

Husband of LA County DA pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s husband pulled a gun and threatened to shoot protesters who gathered at their home in Los Angeles, California, on Monday, March 2, according to local media.

About 30 protesters went to District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s home in Los Angeles’s Granada Hills neighborhood “to protest her refusal to meet with black activists and organizers,” the Los Angeles Times reported. A Black Lives Matter organizer told the LA Times the group of activists decided to have the meeting “in front of her house” in response.

Lacey said in a statement that she and her husband, David, awoke to noises outside their home on Monday morning, prompting them to call the police. She then confirmed that her husband drew his gun and asked the protesters to leave. Lacey said it was not the first time she has been confronted.

“As district attorney of LA County, I’ve received threats — some of them death threats. I have been followed, photographed while with my family, confronted at an art museum, confronted at fundraisers,” Lacey said in the statement.
https://abc3340.com/news/videos/husband-of-la-county-da-pulls-gun-on-black-lives-matter-protesters
Video of incident at link

On the one hand, the protesters should not be on the porch and by refusing to leave were trespassing.

On the other hand I do not believe California has castle doctrine. Also it would be hard to claim self defense since he had to open the door to confront the protesters.

It will be interesting to see if the DA has to charge her husband for brandishing or if "sorry" is good enough.

14 replies, 2947 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to sarisataka (Original post)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 01:57 PM

1. They shouldn't be on the porch, but having people protest in front of your house is part of being

part of a democracy w/a 1st Amendment IMHO.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 02:04 PM

2. Anywhere you weren't married to a DA....

You would be in cuffs and your guns would be seized.

This isn't a sane nor measured response to being annoyed.

Threatening someone with death is not ok.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 02:13 PM

3. It was early AM....the D.A has had death threats....and people on their porch...

The husband retreated back in and they called the police.

No charges should be levied(I assume the gun is legal).

Protesting in the public street is 1 thing.....on the porch of someone that has been threatened, waking them up early morning......that's a really dumb idea anywhere.

Reply to this post

Response to AncientGeezer (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 06:38 PM

4. 1) He should have called the cops, and kept the door shut, and 2) he had his finger on the trigger

That's brandishing in any jurisdiction, and he *should* be charged with that

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #4)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 07:19 PM

5. Poor F_C...thinks "brandishing" is a thing...it's not in a defensive situation.

He has his finger on the trigger...where should it be when his wife has had documented death threats and dirtbags are on the porch early morning...up his ass?

You lose...this was text book home defense.....

Reply to this post

Response to AncientGeezer (Reply #5)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 07:23 PM

6. The standard is *reasonable* fear, like an intruder in your house, or armed. Neither apply here.

This guy wasn't busted purely and simply because his wife is a DA.

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #6)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 07:25 PM

7. And finger on the trigger is how people get shot by accident...

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #6)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 07:44 PM

8. Now you are just making shit up....

The asswagons were on the D.A. private property...PORCH...while the family was sleeping early AM.....no way to know if the trespassers are armed...or in the house.
Keep tryin'....Gov. Newsom could appoint a Independent Investigator TONIGHT and by lunch tomorrow this is called a proper action...

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #9)

Tue Mar 3, 2020, 07:58 PM

10. Also: If he thought someone was in the house- why'd he go on the porch, then?

ANY self-defense course will tell you to a)get in a safe place w/ your defensive weapon AND STAY THERE b) while calling the cops

Damn shame that Jackie never got him the firearms training he needed...or maybe she did and
it didn't take.

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #10)

Wed Mar 4, 2020, 08:33 AM

11. Because that's were MOST of the activity was.

I didn't say he thought someone was in the house I said..and I quote.."no way to know if the trespassers are armed...or in the house"

Reply to this post

Response to AncientGeezer (Reply #11)

Wed Mar 4, 2020, 03:17 PM

12. Then he acted foolishly (and I would argue, illegally) - with his finger on the trigger, to boot

He had no fucking excuse whatsoever

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #12)

Sun Mar 8, 2020, 11:58 PM

13. exactly

with ca. strict gun laws, any regular joe would have been charged w/ something. thats what pisses me off the most about ca. different laws for different people.

Reply to this post

Response to crono (Reply #13)

Mon Mar 9, 2020, 01:47 PM

14. Update- Seems we won't be getting anymore defenses of Lacey's stupidity from that quarter:

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread