HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » Legislative Update: Gover...

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 01:14 PM

Legislative Update: Governor signs law barring 'smart' gun purchase requirements

https://www.verdenews.com/news/2017/apr/19/legislative-update-governor-signs-law-barring-smar/

Arizonans who want firearms won't be required to purchase "smart'' weapons.

Gov. Doug Ducey on Tuesday signed legislation which blocks any state or local law that says the only guns that can be offered for sale have to meet certain standards.

On the surface, the legislation is aimed at weapons which have GPS capability that enables police to track not only the local of the gun but also to send an electronic notice when it is fired.

But much of the debate centered around technology that enables a gun to know when it is in the hands of an authorized user. That can involve anything from fingerprint recognition to proximity to a special electronic fob worn by the owner.

(Rest at the link.)

Sorry, but I don't want to encounter the equivalent of the Microsoft Blue Screen of Death if I am in a self defense situation and need to use a firearm to defend myself or my family.

If you want to purchase one of these things, go ahead, just don't try to change the law to force me to buy one also.

5 replies, 545 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Legislative Update: Governor signs law barring 'smart' gun purchase requirements (Original post)
TupperHappy Apr 21 OP
HeartachesNhangovers Apr 21 #1
discntnt_irny_srcsm Apr 21 #2
yagotme Sunday #3
discntnt_irny_srcsm Monday #4
yagotme Monday #5

Response to TupperHappy (Original post)

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 02:23 PM

1. Instead of forcing the public to adopt this

technology, politicians should require their police forces to use it. They won't because cops won't risk their lives with battery-operated guns.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 07:40 PM

2. Some of the best news I've read in a week

Thanks

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 23, 2017, 10:10 PM

3. Can you imagine the technology involved,

of not only having the electronics determine whether you may fire the gun or not, but the gun also sends a GPS notice (assuming you are not moving, otherwise a constant GPS needs to be sent). The gun would probably spend as much time on the charger as my wife's phone. Pretty useless for what it is intended for.

Reply to this post

Response to yagotme (Reply #3)

Mon Apr 24, 2017, 07:01 AM

4. There would be plenty of room for a huge battery in the handle...

...since one is the only reasonable bullet capacity.

Reply to this post

Response to discntnt_irny_srcsm (Reply #4)

Mon Apr 24, 2017, 07:12 PM

5. LOL

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread